Corsair Community

750D radiators and drive cages

Seigler

Hello,

I was looking into purchasing a 750D and I was curious if it would be possible to mount a H115i to the front panel and have two Hydro GTX1080s mounted to the bottom two 120mm panels while still allowing both drive cages to be installed as I will have four 3.5" drives I would like to keep for RAID storage and I believe each cage only houses three.

Thank you for letting me know if this would all fit or not as well as if the cables would even reach.

Hi

Corsair provides all the info you need really..

Bottom can only take 1x 120/140mm radiator. So I would suggest you mount H115i to top and both graphics card radiators to front. But that's up to you really.

http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/obsidian-series-750d-full-tower-atx-case

Radiator Mount Locations

Front: 240/280mm

Top: 240/280/360mm

Rear: 120/140mm

Bottom: 120/240mm

You could also mount the 115i in the top as an exhaust, one of the 1080's on the back fan mount as an exhaust, the other one on the bottom as an intake and you would still be able to mount 2 fans and the 2 drive cages on the front.

If you don't intend to use an optical drive in the front, you could fit a 3 into 4 cage (it uses 3 x 5.25 mountings and has 4 HDD bays) into the 5.25 bay area, put the H115i in the top as an exhaust and put the two 1080 coolers in the front as intakes. You would then have the back and bottom mounts for extra fans if needed.

Hi

Corsair provides all the info you need really..

Bottom can only take 1x 120/140mm radiator. So I would suggest you mount H115i to top and both graphics card radiators to front. But that's up to you really.

http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/obsidian-series-750d-full-tower-atx-case

Radiator Mount Locations

Front: 240/280mm

Top: 240/280/360mm

Rear: 120/140mm

Bottom: 120/240mm

The link you provided also doesn't address what the drive cages obstruct and what you would lose by having both in, i.e. if they obstruct only one of the bottom 120mm slots, both of them, etc.

You could also mount the 115i in the top as an exhaust, one of the 1080's on the back fan mount as an exhaust, the other one on the bottom as an intake and you would still be able to mount 2 fans and the 2 drive cages on the front.

If you don't intend to use an optical drive in the front, you could fit a 3 into 4 cage (it uses 3 x 5.25 mountings and has 4 HDD bays) into the 5.25 bay area, put the H115i in the top as an exhaust and put the two 1080 coolers in the front as intakes. You would then have the back and bottom mounts for extra fans if needed.

The optical drive area I hadn't even considered, however I unfortunately will be using those so I don't think that would work. I'm aware I could use the top panel for the H115i and that was something I was considering if the other setup didn't work, however that wasn't my first option if the other was possible.

Does anyone know if my original question is possible? I'm aware that there are a number of other setups I could use, I'm simply asking if it's possible to have the H115i front mounted with two Hydro GTX 1080s mounted on the bottom two 120mm slots while still having both drive cages in.

Working from memory, I'm sure that there isn't enough room in the front to mount an H115i and the 2 hdd cages, as the cages are too close to the front of the cage to fit a radiator. With the hdd cages in position they block one of the fan positions on the bottom, unless you suspend the 2 hdd cages from the underside of the 5.25 cage (the fittings are there). That may give you enough room to mount the 1080 rads on the bottom, otherwise you will be able to mount one there and one on the back. The H115i will need to go on the top, preferably as an exhaust.

Archived