Corsair Community

K70 RGB New improved version suggestionss

PeterMac

Dear Corsair,

I have for your keyboard some suggestions to improve it your great keyboard

What would be great to see in new improved version.

1. Cherry MX Silent switches

2. Deatachable cable plug under keyboard, maybe with USB Type-C plug in keyboard ?

3. Rest rist attachable with magnetic like in Cherry MX Board 6.0, much better than plastic weak breakable hooks.

4. Removable numpad section but this is optional suggestion not much required, and this will require moving media buttons to main keyboard part.

I hope you will take some my advices and use them in future in your flagship keyboard. Thanks.

Edited by PeterMac

1. It's already available.

2. Yes, very good suggestion, but why type C? There is no need for that much bandwidth and AFAIK mini-USB is much sturdier.

3. Again, good suggestion.

4. I feel it would add unnecessary complexity to the keyboard, but I see why some people would like that. I feel it would give it a gaming-y look, and Corsair's K keyboards have a very nice, professional look to them. It's why I didn't get a G910 and got a K95 RGB instead.

Thank you for answer! Henry, yes that's right USB Type-C is not necessary, most important is deatachable cable and Cherry MX Silent switches in K70 model and will be perfect with this two important improvments.

I have hope that you will show something on CES in January ;)

Edited by PeterMac

• Corsair Employees
Thank you for answer! Henry, yes that's right USB Type-C is not necessary, most important is deatachable cable and Cherry MX Silent switches in K70 model and will be perfect with this two important improvments.

If you are going to CES, I will see you there!

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for your suggestions. These are all good points, except for the usb type C connection. Our gaming peripheral PM frequents our forum, so rest assure that it's very possible that some of these features may be on our next keyboards =)

usb type C connection is good idea I like it the most, and I am waiting to buy K70 + MX Silent over a year now ! not cool to wait so much time :rolleyes:

Rest wrist idea also good, come on ! take my money !

• 1 year later...
Thank you for your suggestions. These are all good points, except for the usb type C connection. Our gaming peripheral PM frequents our forum, so rest assure that it's very possible that some of these features may be on our next keyboards =)

waited over a year for this models , and nothing , in the end ordered K70 RGB with MX Silver , also why so expensive keyboard not have PBT keycaps included ? and if to buy PBT keycaps set , this set not include FPS caps ... :sigh!:

My Strafe RGB some caps text is wiped out , corsair will replace it ? it is under warranty.

Edited by LordX

Stronger keys that don't break off please, I keep having the issue where the little plastic thing that holds the key on to the switch keeps cracking, and then it cracks again and a little flap allows the key to slip off, then i have to superglue the flap back on, its my #1 issue with this keyboard, (k70 lux)

And use ONE USB 3.0 port if possible instead of two.

Id rather just have nothing else but stronger key caps (more plastic used in the construction of the part that holds the keycap to the switch)

Never had an issue with breaking keycaps until I switched to corsair, other than the breaking keycaps I absolutely love this keyboard.

Both my S and D keys i had to replace completely because of the breaking.

Edited by Daethz

• Corsair Employees
waited over a year for this models , and nothing , in the end ordered K70 RGB with MX Silver , also why so expensive keyboard not have PBT keycaps included ? and if to buy PBT keycaps set , this set not include FPS caps ... :sigh!:

My Strafe RGB some caps text is wiped out , corsair will replace it ? it is under warranty.

We do offer replacement keycaps for select layouts. If you submit a ticket on the support site, one of our Technical Support staff can send it out to you.

http://support.corsair.com/