Corsair Community

Faulty TWINX CMX512-3200LLPT

strappy

Will not function in my Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe. Tested with Crucial/Get/etc ram modules, is not the motherboard. Tried TWINX CMX512-3200LLPT in another Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe and A7N8X Deluxe, exhibited the same problem. Everyone of my friends who has had Corsair ram has already RMAed their ram for compatibility issues. They recieved their RMAed ram and had the SAME issues. I do NOT DESIRE to recieve more of your ram in return and I have already bought some kingston hyperx ram to replace these modules. If you can send me my money back or maybe just buy me some other brand of ram that will work in my board.

dave@dionisus.com is my contact email. If you desire you can email me and ill give you a contact phone number.

Will not function in my Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe. Tested with Crucial/Get/etc ram modules, is not the motherboard. Tried TWINX CMX512-3200LLPT in another Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe and A7N8X Deluxe, exhibited the same problem. Everyone of my friends who has had Corsair ram has already RMAed their ram for compatibility issues. They recieved their RMAed ram and had the SAME issues. I do NOT DESIRE to recieve more of your ram in return and I have already bought some kingston hyperx ram to replace these modules. If you can send me my money back or maybe just buy me some other brand of ram that will work in my board.

dave@dionisus.com is my contact email. If you desire you can email me and ill give you a contact phone number.

Just bumping my post.

• Corsair Employees

Dave, I am sorry but you will need to work that out with your reseller. Or we can and would be happy to replace your modules for the same part# if you like!

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Then I guess I will take the RMA. Ill just use them as paper weights since I know they work doing that function. Everyone I know, I now tell them not to buy your product simply because of this one experience ive had with your ram and the problems my friends have had. I dont think I can ever bring myself to buy your products again in the future, so I guess you lost a customer. I also understand that in the scheme of your business, losing me means nothing to you since there is a line of suckers like me making posts in these forums.

Anyways, should I use this threads post ID and submit the RMA request or is there other info you would like me to provide?

P.S. Obviously when I say you or your I mean Corsair the company.

should I use this threads post ID and submit the RMA request or is there other info you would like me to provide?

Yep, the first post ID, or 166121.

Out of curiousity, what CPU / FSB do you have, and what is the revision of each stick?

• Corsair Employees

With the A7N8X-E please set the FSB jumper to pins 2-3 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts with the modules in slots 2-3 and then reset or clear the bios and load setup defaults and set the timings manually. Then please test the system with http://www.memtest.org.

CPU Freq: 200 MHz

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 200 MHz

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

I have 4 of these exact MB's and this is what had to be done to solve problems with aggressive memory, no matters who's I tested. In addition, a few other had some success disabling Spread Spectrum in the bios as well. I would take a look at http://www.asusforums.org as well in the AMD section.

Archived