Corsair Community

RS-500-ACAA-B1 power supply burned out

davidlew

My son-in-law died recently and he left me his computer equipment. The desktop unit is a Corsair 8Mhz 7i core. It was running Windows 7 and I upgraded it to Windows 8.1 Couple of days ago the power supply unit burned out a few seconds after switch on. I have taken out the psu from its screwed in positon, but not disconnected the cable harnesses. The bar code on the power unit is

RS500ACAAB111326601268. I have been trying to find a replacement but without success and none of the psu lists I have seen carry the ACAA designation. Is there a direct replacement for this psu? does the replacement carry the same wiring harness connections? Would appreciate any help out there. Thanks Davidlew Swindon UK

Hi, In order to help you, would you fill in the system specs . If you have to replace the PSU then you will need to use the cables that comes with it. If you list what is in the case then we can give you some advice on what PSU to buy. OK I've found the PSU it's a Coolermaster 500 Watt, any PSU by Corsair of that wattage or above will do.

Archived