Corsair Community

Corsair 400c and the H115i

srome

Has anyone managed to mount the Corsair H115i on the front of the Corsair 400c case properly using the 2 fans that

come with the cooler pull configuration, when I say properly I mean use all the rad mounting screws as the control module

for the front USB, Audio and power button on the inside of the case stop the rad from being seated correctly so you can't

install the rad there. When you drop the rad down so its flush against the inner front of the case the bottom screw holes

don't line up and the bottom corners of the fan are pressed against the plastic hard drive cover it does not impact the fan

blades. I can remove the plastic hard drive cover but why should I when both Items are Corsair, I would expect tweaking

if I was mixing with another company's components.

If someone has done a push/pull with 4 fans does it move the rad far enough out from the control module for the front USB,

Audio and power button so you can move the fad further up and seat it correctly with you being able to secure the rad with

all rad mounting screws?

Its quite odd to have this aggro when both Items are Corsair and the case spec says it can take a 280mm even says it can take a 360mm.

Long Answer:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=162908

Short Answer:

This is how I originally had my H115i installed in my 400C. It can be done, but it takes some very careful and firm maneuvering to have the cooler in pull config, hence why I bought extra matching fans to put it into push/pull, which gives the I/O assembly at the top of the case more room, which also clears the fan chassis from the HDD/PSU shroud at the bottom.

PROBLEM BEING THEY ONLY GIVE YOU FOUR SCREWS THAT WILL HOLD THE COOLER IN "PULL" AND *NOT* INTERFERE WITH THE MAGNETIC SEAL OF THE FRONT DUST COVER!

Long Answer:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=162908

Short Answer:

This is how I originally had my H115i installed in my 400C. It can be done, but it takes some very careful

and firm maneuvering to have the cooler in pull config, hence why I bought extra matching fans to put it

into push/pull, which gives the I/O assembly at the top of the case more room, which also clears the fan

chassis from the HDD/PSU shroud at the bottom.

PROBLEM BEING THEY ONLY GIVE YOU FOUR SCREWS THAT WILL HOLD THE COOLER IN "PULL" AND *NOT*

INTERFERE WITH THE MAGNETIC SEAL OF THE FRONT DUST COVER!

Thanks for the answer, Its just the information I was looking for. I take it the 4 long screws that come with the

400c are not the right size for the fans/rad, I've managed to find some extra screws on eBay and Amazon ranging

from £25 :bigeyes: to £1.00. I don't think it would kill Corsair to put an extra set of screws in the package like a lot

of other company's do.

Archived