Corsair Community

1gb TwinX PC4000Pro

LBJGH

TwinX PC4000Pro is rated for CAS3 4,8,4 with 2.75v.

On my Epox 9NDA3+ I have to run the memory at CAS3 5,10,5 2.80 (+) volts to get memory to run with stablitiy.

I've monitored the DDR voltage while benching and the motherboard is providing stable power. Would these sticks be eligible for warranty (RMA)?

I even underclocked the memory to 175MHz and I still have to use loose timings. :mad:

My previous XMS2700 ran the same speeds but with tighter timings. Maybe I should have got OCZ... :bigeyes:

K, thanks.

BTW, does anyone know if Corsair will do cross shipping if I provide my CC # so that my system isn't down a week? Also, would Corsair allow for exchange with different memory, i.e. TCCD based memory :!oops:

No (officially, you'd have to ask cust care, but generally no, as they don't sell to the general public directly and as such don't have the back end to support that) and NO. Memory is replaced with the exact part # unless none is available, and AFAIK, none of the 4000s ever used TCCD.

• Corsair Employees

I would suggest testing the modules in another system if you can. But if you just want to get them replaced

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

However, our Pro modules are tested at least 2 or 3 times on a MB at the rated speed before they leave our factory. So it is very rare that you would get a failing Pro module.

Thanks Ram Guy.

I would prefer to diagnose the problems without having my system out of commisison for a couple of weeks. Is there any way that memtest386 would give false error reports?

Is there other software that I could use to test the memory?

I'll check the link...

LBJGH

I would suggest testing the modules in another system if you can. But if you just want to get them replaced

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

However, our Pro modules are tested at least 2 or 3 times on a MB at the rated speed before they leave our factory. So it is very rare that you would get a failing Pro module.

The lowest I can clock the cpu with the memory set at 250mhz is 8x250=2000mhz which is an 11% overclock.

This winchester will actually clock to 2700mhz 2700mhz with the memory set at 100mhz max clock or 1:2 speeds (actually memory speed at 150mhz) so I don't think the 11% o/c will effect the memory results.

I checked the error list for memtest386 and found that two areas showed errors.

I'll do some research on memtest386 to see what might be the problems...

TEST ERRORS

I would try and lower your CPU Frequency and see if that helps and I would suggest you just run the default tests.

• Corsair Employees
Please read the readme file that come with memtest. It explains about errors in test 8. And again I would suggest you just run the default tests unless you know what you are doing with this program. But if they pass at 240 Mhz I would suspect it's just your CPU topping out!

I did run the standard memtest386+ tests with the bootable CD. :roll:

This is from the http://www.memtest.org site:

Test 8 [Modulo 20, ones&zeros]

Using the Modulo-X algorithm should uncover errors that are not detected by moving inversions due to cache and buffering interference with the the algorithm. As with test one only ones and zeros are used for data patterns.

The CPU isn't topped out because I have run the processor at 267HTTx9=2405mhz for at least 8 hours (prime95 stable) with the memory at a max speed of 133:200 (or 171mhz actual).

Based on this the memory is failing not the CPU.

The failure at 240HTT x 8 = 1920mhz is a 6% cpu overclock and a 4% memory underclock producing the errors.

I don't know what you are implying by saying, "that you would suggest I just run the default tests unless you know what you are doing".

Perhaps you can explain how the failure of "test 8" is my fault and not the memory failure. :bigeyes:

Please read the readme file that come with memtest. It explains about errors in test 8. And again I would suggest you just run the default tests unless you know what you are doing with this program. But if they pass at 240 Mhz I would suspect it's just your CPU topping out!

• Corsair Employees

I have no problem replacing your modules if you want to try that, but running the CPU out of sync will run higher than it will running 1-1!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I haven't given up on my TwinX just yet.

Although I can't get the memory to run the rated speed I found a stable setup that works just as well for me.

I set the memory maximum speed to 166/200 or approximate speed of the CPU Clock/11. With the HTT (fsb) set at 267 the memory is working fine at 218mhz at CAS2.5 3,8,3 @ 2.80v! :D:

mem.jpg.d82fab30407b747f7d634a0452af1128.jpg

Archived