Corsair Community

Bad Ram? CMX512 3200C2PT

lxr200

ok i just ordered a new stick of corsair CMX512 3200C2PT and when i put it in my system along with my old stick of CMX512 3200c2pt i get a boot failure, nothing posts at all and my computer says "SYSTEM FAILURE DUE TO CPU OVERCLOCKING" and i never overclocked anything! when i have the sticks in seperatly one at a time they work fine but when both are in the system nothing comes up! do i have a bad stick of ram?

here are my specs:

ASUS P4C800-E Delux MOBO

3.2GHz P4 800 fsb

1 stick of CMX512 3200C2PT (v1.1)

1 NEW stick of CMX512 3200C2PT (v4.1)

does anyone have any idea of whats going on?

Thanks,

LXR

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but you may not be able to mix modules with this MB. You would either need to match the part# and revision of what you had or if you can find another use for your old module, I would suggest you send the new one back and just get a Twinx1024-3200C2 for best performance! Sorry!

you mean my motherboard wont let me use different versions of the same model number? isnt that kind of weird? on the corsair website or a part of the site i looked under compatable memory and i found that my motherboard is compatable with all CMX512 3200C2PT. could it be something with my motherboard or the ram or is it just really that my motherboard wont accept different versions because it says nothing like that in my manual. it just says for best performance use the same thing but for single channel it says nothing about using the same memory and i tried using it as single channel and nothing happend. here is the information i found..

http://compatible.corsairmemory.com/memorysearch.aspx?modelid=120

Thanks,

LXR

Newer memory controllers just don't like to play with different memory ICs. It's compatible with either by themselves, but not both. It's kind of like a translator who speaks English and French and has in front of him an American and Frenchman. The translator can speak to either one just fine, but can't speak English and French at the same time.

This is a bit of a simplification of the issue, but you get the idea.

Archived