Corsair Community

Computer Shuts Down Automatically - AX1200i

AvizSiv

Hello Friends,

I am unfortunately facing issues with my desktop

I configured my system around 5 months back, all was working fine and great.

But since past 1 week, i am facing a painful issue. Computer gets shutdown automatically.

I do see Motherboard Led lights running when it gets switched off

And PSU small lights turn to Red.

When i click the button of Case to power On. The Fan runs for a second. Stops. I try again. It does not.

I unplug the power supply. Wait for 15-30 minutes or so. And than plug back in, and Press the Power On of the Case Again.. And the computers Runs back Fine.

What could be the issue please?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Hi there,

i have the same PSU and nearly the same System Specs. Since yesterday i have exactly the same Problems.

I am confused too, that what could be the issue.

Now since with this painful issue, i am getting to a technician to get it checked.. and also building another machine.

But i am confused whether to buy same PSU again.. i feel its the PSU issues...

Did you ask any of your local technician or such ?

I think it is a PSU issue. After Power loss my PSU wont react on selftest or anything else für a while. I think if there is a Problem with the MB at least selftest should have to work when the MB and everything else is disconnected.

Could be Yes.. So what have you decided to do?

Change the PSU first ?

I will try a different PSU first. I opened a RMA request but i dont want to wait untill my PSU arrive at Corsair and then again to get another one back....

I think i will get me an Antec/Enermax and sell the returning Corsair.

Sure let me know please, how it goes.. So if you changing the PSU and it rectifies your issue.. i might do the same...

How is Seasonic PSU as well ?

I will try a different PSU first. I opened a RMA request but i dont want to wait untill my PSU arrive at Corsair and then again to get another one back....

I think i will get me an Antec/Enermax and sell the returning Corsair.

Did you try another PSU.. any improvements ?