Corsair Community

Flashback time to X58! Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R ATX LGA1366 Motherboard!

voor

Hey guys,

I'm resurrecting an old gaming machine for my niece who has joined the PC Master Race. Currently I have some old Corsair memory in there that's just 2 GB per stick, but if you notice the motherboard is a little weird in that it's SIX (6) slots for memory. Does this support things like dual channel, etc, or was that all later on in the world of memory? If I wanted to MAX this thing out on 24 GB of memory, should I be looking at grabbing two sets of something like this:

CORSAIR XMS3 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 Desktop Memory Model CMX12GX3M3A1333C9

Or should I be looking elsewhere?

Do you know if CMX12GX3M3A1333C9 is tri-channel?

Yes. 3 modules at 4GB each. Theoretically, combining two kits of this for 24GB may work, but there is always a chance it will take some fiddling to get it work together. There are not a lot of 6 x 4GB kits floating around in the world these days. However, you should consider if you really need the 24GB. 12GB should be enough for Win 10 and most usage. You would need some really intensive programs and have to run more than 1 of those piggies at a time to threaten the total.

Not sure where you are in the world, but this is what Newegg has listed in the tr-channel 4GB module. Only 1 real choice for 6x4GB. More in the 3x4GB.