Corsair Community

Need A8N-SLI Memory help with 1x512 and 2x256 sticks all together!

davidos

I have the single xms-3200c2 512 stick in the B1 slot and I can't seem to put the other 2x256mb sticks in any slot without getting a memory squelch from the bios speaker...

Has anyone mixed memory sticks? Is it possible to run dual channel with 2x256mb sticks and 1x512mb stick? My memory is pc3200 Corsair XMS for the 1x512mb and Twinmos w/winbond for the 2x256mb.... I think all of them use BH-5 memory...

HELP!

thanks for the reply RamGuy!

So, I need to find another stick of xms512 3200c2 v1.1 for this to work for me? It has to be v1.1 right? Do all v1.1s have the same chips? I think mine has BH-5 but I have read that others have BH-6... Thanks in advance for clearing this up.

• Corsair Employees
Yes, VS1GBKit400 or VS2GBKit400 would be a good choice as well. But these are not matched like our XMS Twinx sets are. In that Value Select kits are just 2 modules of the same part# and revision. Where as Twinx sets are 2 modules made with IC's from the same lot and then tested on a dual channel MB.

Yes, VS1GBKit400 or VS2GBKit400 would be a good choice as well. But these are not matched like our XMS Twinx sets are. In that Value Select kits are just 2 modules of the same part# and revision. Where as Twinx sets are 2 modules made with IC's from the same lot and then tested on a dual channel MB.

thanks for the help RamGuy... just bought the VS1GBKit400... what timings should i set my mobo (Asus A8N-SLI Dlx) too if i am not overclocking?

If i want to overclock the cpu i know that I can use a 5:6 divider (ddr333) and the memory will be at or under 200mhz.. What latency settings would be good? thanks!

• Corsair Employees

I would just let the bios set the timings and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts. But if you have problems, try setting the timings to Cass 2.5-3-3-8.

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 8T

I would just let the bios set the timings and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts. But if you have problems, try setting the timings to Cass 2.5-3-3-8.

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 8T

CPU Z says I have cas 3 memory at 200mhz... 2.5 at 166... Did I get Cas 3 memory in my VS1GBKIT by mistake?

• Corsair Employees

Well we dont gaurentee the timings with Value Select, but I have no problem replacing them if you want to try that!

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Well we dont gaurentee the timings with Value Select, but I have no problem replacing them if you want to try that!

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

thank you! rma request sent...

Archived