Corsair Community

Feature Suggestion: "Screen saver" profiles

CodeRed

Using CUE with my Strafe RGB I prefer a static, functional color layout when working or playing games, but when I leave the keyboard alone for a while I wouldn't mind all kinds of crazy color schemes going on.

I would suggest an "idle" folder where you can place downloaded or exported color schemes and a setting where you can specify idle time. After N minutes of inactivity it picks a random scheme from the folder and runs it until you interact with the computer again.

I'll also support this! Very surprised it's not possible.

It doesn't work with .scr files, which would be an easy way to implement it.

The only current workaround would be to have profiles for everything and then let your default have the crazy lighting scheme which it'd switch to with the screensaver. But not really practical.

I made further tests.

I have DisplayFusion managing my screensaver. I renamed the screensaver I use from .scr to .exe. It works just as before. Made a keyboard profile for that .exe screensaver. Launching the screensaver manually using a keyboard Shortcut Action works (CUE swiches to the screensaver profile), but launching it manually with a DisplayFusion command or launching it through automatic launch after X minutes does not make CUE see it.

Archived