Corsair Community

AF120 LED Cheaper than non?

Mekanic

At this point both fans have been out for some time, so price may be based more often on vendor supply or inventory concerns. It is also likely that the emergence of all the RGB fans has decreased demand for the single color models.

As to your other question, if 2x140 fits well without flange or other mount obstruction, there is no problem going with that. 2x140 likely brings move air volume than most 3x120 sets at moderate speed and certainly more than 3 static pressure designed blades. I do use 3x120 in the front of my 540, but it is not for the volume of air, but the ability to push it between two GPUs and right at my m.2 drive. Case specific and nothing more. I don't know if this would apply to your set-up or not, with drives or other close range cooling needs.

At this point both fans have been out for some time, so price may be based more often on vendor supply or inventory concerns. It is also likely that the emergence of all the RGB fans has decreased demand for the single color models.

Just surprising, looking on Ebay, AF120 LED Twinnpack $16 lowest price, average around $18.50. No LED $25 lowest, $30 average. 50% markup for not wanting LED fans seems strange lol

Hard to say if ebay is ever market value. Too much going on. Too many shady deals. $25 for 2 and $16 for one seems about the normal retail. Those appear to fairly steady with the past year. Twin pack LEDs down to $16-18 -- that is a drop. Might have been $16 each a year ago. For what it's worth, I suspect the materials and manufacturing cost of an AF120 PE is higher than any shade of AF LED. However, I think declining demand and the RGB is the real mover.

Archived