Corsair Community

Bsod irql_not_less_or_equal

shrike1991

So, I've seen a thread on this issue here recently, but I'm having additional issues preventing me from fixing this. The thread I'm referring to is here

I'm getting a BSOD with the error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when trying to install CUE. I had a hard drive failure which wiped my old CUE, and now installing it causes this blue screen error.

WhoCrashed reported that the CUE files are definitely causing the error. I'm trying to remove the only two corsair drivers I still have from my System32 folder (CorsairVBusDriver.sys and CorsairVHidDriver.sys) and windows keeps telling me that I cant delete them because they're "open in another program". I've re-started my computer and this still happens. Looking in task manager, I see no programs or services open that are at all related to corsair.

It looks like clearing these drivers and any related files from my computer is the fix for this; I've removed the entire Corsair folder from program files and made sure it's not still on my apps list. I need some help making sure I get rid of all these old drivers and can safely install new ones.

If anyone has any recommendations on any free driver diagnostic and repair software, I'm all ears as well. Every program I've tried is just some stupid pay wall crap that I don't want to deal with right now, but if I ultimately have to pay for a good one, then so be it.

Which CUE version are you using? The 2.5 version has some issues with a Nvidia related DLL file that makes the computer crash. I see that you indeed have a Nvidia card in your configuration.

I am not sure if the new 2.6.70 version released fixes that, but the 2.4 version should be safe in case.