Corsair Community

h100i gtx problem

Royal

hi I have a problem with my h100i gtx, I was playing battlefield 1 and I noticed that my processor was at 80 degrees and the liquid at 50, I have a i7 4790k 4.4ghz 1.17 how do I fix?

http://i68.tinypic.com/2wejbqo.jpg

Stop playing and turn it off for the night. 50C H100i GTX Temp suggests some sort of flow problem, but that isn't certain. In the morning, cold boot up and note the H100i Temp. It should be very close to the room temperature. It should then slowly climb 2-5C above the room temp, depending upon case layout. Let the machine continue to idle without load. If the H100i Temp continues to climb and fan speed has no effect, report back. Also in this condition, any type of load will rapidly increase the coolant temperature and it won't come back down. Right now, you may be your H100i Temp may be stuck at 50C, even after exiting the game. It can take an hour or more to cool down in this state.

Post a screen shot of your Link main screen tomorrow. There is nothing any one can tell from a visual inspection.

Ok, but does the idle H100iGTX temp stay at 35C? Or keep rising? Based on the CPU temp graph, it appears relatively steady, although I can't gauge duration.

The photo is your Configure panel. The "Home" screen is one to the left and will show pump speeds and some motherboard information missing from your profile.

Make sure you haven't unintentionally changed your BIOS settings for the CPU header or whichever header supports the H100iGTX. This can happen with BIOS flashes or updates. It needs to be at 100% or disabled, depending on board brand.

It can be difficult to make evaluations at load. Individual BIOS settings, CPU make and model, and other heat sources like the GPU, all make for unique scenarios. If there is a problem with the cooler it will also exist at idle and normal temperatures are more easily compared to room temperature. As mentioned in the first post, it is likely you have a developing flow problem, but you haven't provided the information necessary to eliminate other sources.