Corsair Community

Issues with 2 kits of CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10 on Gigabyte Z87x-UD3H

baldy

I purchased 2 kits of CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10 to run in my rig but am running into random BSOD. Checked all the settings in BIOS, and all of the timings (and advanced timings) match for each channel and stick. The error from minidump shows memory referenced out of range every time. On 1, 2 or 3 sticks there are no issues, regardless of which combo of sticks, in whichever slot.

Since I just bought them the other day, I took them in to the place of purchase, along with the GTX1060 I purchased at the same time. The tech ran tests on the video card on one rig, and then each pair of RAM on separate rigs. No issues. He put in all 4 sticks together and the test machine failed too boot and errored. He tried in the other rig with the video card, and same issue. He told me that makes no sense since they sell these in 2 pack combo's all of the time. Unfortunately, they won't replace the kits without a 15% re-stocking fee since memtest passed he said.

I have read on a couple other forums that the issues are related to the Z87 mobo with 4 sticks, and on other forums it was said a couple of timings need to be changed when running 4 sticks together as the XMP isn't read correctly.

System specs:

Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H on F9 bios

Intel i5-4670K 3.4Ghz (not overclocked)

Asus GTX1060 6gb Twin OC

Samsung 850 Pro SSD 512gb

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Any suggestions as to what timings need to be changed to make this RAM stable?

Dump below:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)

An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an

interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually

caused by drivers using improper addresses.

If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace.

Arguments:

Arg1: ffffda8021c91138, memory referenced

Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL

Arg3: 0000000000000000, bitfield :

bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation

bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)

Arg4: fffff800040e74fb, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:

------------------

TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : e:\dump_analysis\program\triage\modclass.ini, error 2

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff8000430c0e8

GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff8000430c198

ffffda8021c91138 Nonpaged pool

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA