Corsair Community

Buzzing sound when LED's are on

Recidivism

I have a high pitched buzz noise I can hear if I am close to my keyboard I didn't notice it until I got a new CPU cooler (old stock cooler was too loud)

Well it used to not really be noticeable even on new cooler that bad but its getting worse & now that I have USB speakers I also hear it from the speakers as well when my LED's are on.

Any sound device plugged into the USB slots also gets the buzzing and I tried all the USB slots & different power plugs.

I can hear the buzz from my LED very noticeably when I turn it on max and I don't know what to do. Anyone have similar issue & know how to fix?

I also even got shocked by my keyboard once but hasn't happened in a while.

My keyboard is not under Warranty so I cannot return it.

There was a small batch of keyboards that had a noise issue, the issue has been since fixed but it looks like you got one of those. Submit a ticket and ask for an RMA, they will replace the keyboard for you :):

EDIT

Wait, do you have a normal K70? I re-read your post and noticed you mentioned it is out of warranty. The issue I am talking about is recent and happened with a small batch of RGB keyboards.

If your keyboard is older than 2 years then the hardware in it might have simply failed somehow with time.

I have a RGB K65 rapidfire and I can only hear the buzzing sound when I put my ear really close to it.

Is it normal for the LED to have some sort of buzzing noise if it isn't excessive?

It gets louder at the brighest setting.

• Corsair Employees
I have a RGB K65 rapidfire and I can only hear the buzzing sound when I put my ear really close to it.

Is it normal for the LED to have some sort of buzzing noise if it isn't excessive?

It gets louder at the brighest setting.

It is not suppose to buzz at all. If it bothers you, submit a RMA and we will replace it for you. As terabyte stated, there was a small batch that was affected.

It is not suppose to buzz at all. If it bothers you, submit a RMA and we will replace it for you. As terabyte stated, there was a small batch that was affected.

Problem is I live in New Zealand. If the RMA process is through the reseller then I will most likely get one with the same problem.

So far away from every country that they probably got ordered at the same time.

Archived