Corsair Community

Corsair fans are dying (750D)

HDriscoll

Two of the three fans (140mm) that came with my 750D just started making a lot of noise. I was getting a clicking noise upon startup and it can't be my hard drive because I presently only have a SSD installed. On Sunday, I started getting a weird humming noise. I popped the side of the case off and slowed down each fan with my hand to see which fan was creating the noise.

I had to unplug one of the front fans because of the noise. Time to go fan shopping.

On the plus side, there are lots of lovely fans out there, some of which are better and some of which are quieter than the stock fans (possibly some which are both). I currently have 3 x 120mm, baby poo brown fans in the front of my 900D, and a choice of the same make of fans or the new Corsair ML 140mm fans to go on my H110i GT cooler. Decisions, decisions.

I'm thinking of going with Corsair fans (the ones with the changeable rings). Not really concerned about looks right now as I have a build planned and I'll be using a different case anyways. I'm going to Microcenter this weekend and see what they have.

Archived