Corsair Community

K95 Keeps losing all lights if Caps lock is pressed too many times and CUE Breaks

Dreamxtreme

This is only happened recently it was fine before I reinstalled Windows. But I use Caps Lock as my PTT for Discord and recently all the lights will suddenly either die or change color. When I goto open CUE i see a small red ! symbol on top of the normal CUE taskbar symbol as well. The only way to cure is to close it and open it again but im get of sick of doing this every 2 mins. Any Suggestions?

Are you on the latest firmware and CUE 2? This was a known issue what should have been patched. If you rebind Caps lock in CUE to say F24, does this still happen?

Yes on the latest firmware 2.05 and 2.5.66 version of CUE. It still does it no matter what i rebind caps lock to.

Yes on the latest firmware 2.05 and 2.5.66 version of CUE. It still does it no matter what i rebind caps lock to.

There should be a switch on the back of they keyboard, it controls the polling rate, try changing that. Also try a different USB port configuration, if possible use the USB ports controlled by the intel chipset.

Tried it over a few days and it still does it despite changing the polling rate. This is getting extremely annoying now when playing BF1 with Friends.

Check for bios and chipset updates. Try 2.6.70, if that doesnt help, contact Corsair Support. I cant seem to duplicate your issue with my K95.

Also do you get this problem if you try it on another computer?

• Corsair Employees
Caps lock is not a good key to use because the keyboard may have issues with certain USB and the "spamming" of notification keys (Caps Lock, Num Lock, Scroll Lock). We have resolved issues previously with the keyboard malfunctioning when these keys are spammed but there may still be issues dependent on the USB port and the system constantly switching between Caps Lock/Num Lock/Scroll Lock status.

Caps lock is not a good key to use because the keyboard may have issues with certain USB and the "spamming" of notification keys (Caps Lock, Num Lock, Scroll Lock). We have resolved issues previously with the keyboard malfunctioning when these keys are spammed but there may still be issues dependent on the USB port and the system constantly switching between Caps Lock/Num Lock/Scroll Lock status.

Yes as it turns out the X79 chipset does not have native support for USB3 so the ports used are supported by Asmedia and not intel. I think the only way ive manage to fix it is by using 2 usb 2.0s

• Corsair Employees
Yes as it turns out the X79 chipset does not have native support for USB3 so the ports used are supported by Asmedia and not intel. I think the only way ive manage to fix it is by using 2 usb 2.0s

Great to hear you were able to solve it. Third party controllers typically are fast but don't work very well with HID peripherals. They're mainly designed to support external HDD and don't do a great job handling continuous streams of data that our peripherals demand (with 0% errors).

Great to hear you were able to solve it. Third party controllers typically are fast but don't work very well with HID peripherals. They're mainly designed to support external HDD and don't do a great job handling continuous streams of data that our peripherals demand (with 0% errors).

Nope it didnt end up working. I know the usb 2.0 should work so i dont know what else it could be. Going to turn off Key type lighting and see if that works. Unless the usb 2.0 sockets is also asmedia but im doubting it and cant find any info on them.

Like i said this never happened up until the latest reinstall of windows. Ive tried it on other pcs and the same socket on a previous windows install and it was fine.