Corsair Community

CUE 2 - Scimitar cannot remap side buttons to mouse actions

techniq

I updated to CUE 2 and updated the firmware on my Scimitar today.

Running CUE 2.5.66

Scimitar on Firmware 2.04

Everything was working fine prior to the updates. But now, when I remap the side keys, if I try and remap them to a mouse action - any mouse action - it fails.

I want to remap 4 and 5 to Back and Forward respectively, or traditionally Mouse4 and Mouse5. But it's no longer working. I can remap to any keyboard key just fine, but not a Mouse button.

I've tried Left Button, Right Button, Middle Button, Back Button, Forward Button, Scroll Up, Scroll Down and none of them work. The only Mouse buttons I can successfully remap to are DPI Up Button and DPI Down Button.

I would really like to have mouse4 and mouse5 back to being bindable on the Scimitar.

• 2 months later...

It's not the software. Well, not really. Updating from one version to another doesn't work properly with the Scimitar - you have to physically remove the current version and install the new one...

Typically I make a note of the bindings and other settings before doing this, as there's no way to backup the profiles independently of the application, and most get corrupted anyway.

(Note: 2.8.7.0 DOES NOT offer rainbow settings in "Advanced" mode)

It's not the software. Well, not really. Updating from one version to another doesn't work properly with the Scimitar - you have to physically remove the current version and install the new one...

Typically I make a note of the bindings and other settings before doing this, as there's no way to backup the profiles independently of the application, and most get corrupted anyway.

(Note: 2.8.7.0 DOES NOT offer rainbow settings in "Advanced" mode)

It depends from configuration to configuration, for example I always run the new CUE version installer without removing the old one. Scimitar has always worked for me, I had the macro execution error only once in more than a year.

Guess I'm part of the lucky owners with no issues :p: