Corsair Community

xp won't run after installing corsair memory

tammie12469

I have a 3 year old gateway computer. I upgraded to xp about 1 year ago. I recently bought a corsair 512 MB memory upgrade (which is the most I can use on my computer) but windows won't start when I install the memory. My son has the exact same computer as I do, except he is running win 98, and the memory worked on his computer. Is there something I need to do for it to run on mine?

310s or 3000?

If 3000, I think it's this:

Support for an Intel® Pentium ® 4 processor in an mPGA478 socket with a 400 or 533MHz system bus

Support for an Intel® Celeron® processor in an mPGA478 socket with a 400MHz system bus

Memory Two 184-pin DDR SDRAM Dual Inline Memory Module (DIMM) sockets

Support for single-sided or double-sided DIMMs (DDR333/266)

Support for up to 2 Gigabytes (GB) system memory

Note: This motherboard is designed to support DIMMs based on 512-Mbit technology for a maximum capacity of 2 GB, but this technology has not been validated (current validation up to 1.0 GB) on this board.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't understand why it works on my sons computer but not mine. I bought both computers at the same time, and they are exactly the same. The only difference is that I later upgraded my computer to xp while he is still running win 98 that came with the computer.

Archived