Corsair Community

Does the H115i fit in the 500R case with no issues?

jbwheels

I read a thread in which Greybeard stated that the H115i fits in the 500R with no modifications, due to proper spacing of the radiator fans, as best I understood it. Can anyone verify this for me? I have an air cooler sitting in its shipping box, but I may send it back if the H115i is an uncomplicated installation.

Some further questions, if the above is true:

• Does the radiator sit in the shelf on the top of the case, or underneath with the fans above, or is either a possibility?
  • I think the radiator thickness is listed at 26mm. I have a Gigabyte G1 Z170x motherboard (listed in my specs), and there is a heat spreader that rests about an inch from the top of the inside of the case. If the radiator must go inside, that might present a problem. Does anyone have any information about that combination of equipment, or alternatively, can someone please confirm the amount of space needed at the top of the case?
  • Also, if the fans sit on top of the radiator, how is the subjective volume affected? I would guess it would sound significantly worse if the fans sat in the tray.
  • Finally, I have read both that the H110i and H115i have the same-sized radiator, but on Corsair's website the dimensions listed are slightly different. Besides this point, can anyone give me an explanation of the similarities and differences between these two? I haven't been able to find much authoritative information on that subject.

Thanks!

• Corsair Employees

Fitting an H115i would be very subjective to motherboard layout. You would mount fans in the roof compartment and the radiator to the top of the interior to maximize clearance.

The H115i and H110i both have different size radiators. H115i will be 26mm and H110i will be 27mm in thickness.

• Confused 1

Fitting an H115i would be very subjective to motherboard layout. You would mount fans in the roof compartment and the radiator to the top of the interior to maximize clearance.

The H115i and H110i both have different size radiators. H115i will be 26mm and H110i will be 27mm in thickness.

Thanks for the reply. So, almost exactly an inch for the H115i, that's perfect! I've been thinking about having a block of wood cut & checking the fit...