Corsair Community

Corsair promised release of the yellow 780T case...and it never really happened

LemonComputers

Hello everyone,

On this thread, Corsair promised in 2014 that the yellow 780T case would be released soon:

Rest assured, both of those products are coming.

Initial batches of the yellow 780T showed a color mismatch between the side panel and the body that we just didn't find acceptable, so rather than release a product that doesn't look just right, we elected to postpone the release of that variant to make sure we could get the paint to match properly.

The HG10 is actually due *very* soon. I'm putting the finishing touches on the "how to" installation video right now. It's real, it's in house, and it works.

However, since then the case became permanent vaporware and was never released. If it never ends up being released, I'll have to use the yellow BitFenix Aegis Core case instead.

Regards,

LemonComputers

• Administrators

From February 2015:

This is the statement George, the Case PM, has provided regarding the unfortunate demise of the Yellow 780T:

At long last we have to announce the cancellation of the 780T Yellow edition. We tried for months to get the yellow paint on the steel side panels to match the plastic housing, but honestly it just never got to our standards. Matching paint to plastic colors is very difficult with standard colors, like black. With a color like yellow, it became near impossible to do at a reasonable price. We would get it matching under one lighting condition and then change light temperatures and see a very obvious mismatch.

So while it would be "close enough" for some people, we wouldn't feel comfortable shipping a product with what is, to us, an unacceptable level of quality. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we did spend months and months attempting to get this to work - but it was not in the cards.

Note that this does not affect the yellow 380T, which has all its yellow pieces made of the same materials. Nor the orange 230T, which has the same benefit - the orange pieces are all steel.

Thanks for your interest, and we're going to keep trying to do more new and innovative color schemes for people who want something different. Suggestions appreciated.

Hello,

Thanks for letting me know. I'd be willing to pay the premium for a high end yellow case like it if it were released because I've been planning on some premium, high-end lemon yellow builds. Not sure about others, but I'm sure there has to be someone else out there that would do the same also.

Regards,

LemonComputers