Corsair Community

hi100 v2 temps seem high and fans acting strange

domjam

hi my temps at idel are in the 40s..this dosent seem right since im running at stock.

and the fans are going nuts.. on the presets for quiet its jumping up and down all the time. looking at the graph under presets it ses under quiet at 40c it will be at 60% fan speed. but setting in 60 on the fixed option.. results in alot quiter and less speed..so the link software dose not seem to be working as it should. have i done something wrong when installing this thing? im not that familiar with cpu cooler installations sorry. my motherboard is a asus sabertooth z77... am i supposed to turn a setting of in the bios or something for it to work properly and what about my temps?..really not sure. thanks

Do you have the Asus Suite software, particularly Fan Xpert running in the background? If so, shut it down, Link doesn't like other software.

What is the ambient temperature in the room where your computer is sited? Does the idle temp stay at 40 or does it creep up? What happens if stress the system? If you press the pump housing, does it move or does the temp drop?

Before we get into more difficult troubleshooting, make sure 1) The CPU fan header (or wherever the H100iv2 is connected) is set to "Full Speed", 100%, or disabled in the BIOS. I am not sure of the exact language on the Z77 series, but that header needs to provide 12v at all times to the unit. 2) In the Link software, make sure the fans are assigned to the H100iv2 Temp group (this is water temperature inside the unit). This is the variable needed for preset Quiet/Balanced/Performance profiles.

If both of those check out, we can try some of the more common issues. You may wish to post a screen shot of the Link Main display. This is helpful for trying to compare CPU temps to water temp to room/case temp.

Archived