Corsair Community

Strafe RGB left Shift key has changed colour

LesC

Rather an odd one ....

I have a custom colour set up and saved as default with mainly blue keys but certain others including the Shift keys as white. Today the left Shift key has changed colour to turquoise.

Went in to CUE which still shows it as white. I've tried changing it to another colour which it will do but when I change it back to white in CUE, the key remains turquoise on the keyboard.

Edit: I've noticed it changes back to white & then back to turquoise intermittently.

Any suggestions please or do I just return for a replacement (bought from Amazon)??

Edited by LesC

OK, so made a profile of all white keys and all seemed ok at first but after a while the shift key turned turquoise again but has since turned back to white again so it seems either a hard reset or replacement is required.

Are there any instructions online on how to perform a hard reset or do I have to call Tech Support? If not, I may as well return to Amazon; less hassle ;)

• Corsair Employees
It will take no more than a few minutes to reset, once you have an agent on the phone with you. I do apologize that every model has their own way of hard resetting, so you will need to call in. If wish not to call in, an exchange with Amazon is always an option. I thought you may want to exhaust all options before exchanging it. Edited by Corsair Henry

It will no more than a few minutes to reset, once you have an agent on the phone with you. I do apologize that every model has their own way of hard resetting, so you will need to call in. If wish not to call in, an exchange with Amazon is always an option. I thought you may want to exhaust all options before exchanging it.

Thanks but try as i might, I cannot find a telephone number for Tech Support for the UK. Only option seems to be to RMA item?

As usual, Amazon have been excellent & a replacement keyboard should be with me tomorrow.

With the replacement, do I just unplug the current keyboard and plug in the replacement and do I need to remove the current CUE software from my PC first?