Corsair Community

Dominator Platinum Special Edition

Wlada011

I like these new Special Edition kits and I thought about upgrade from 16GB Dominator Platinum 2666MHz to 3200MHz 32GB Special Edition.

For now I need them for X99 platform strap 100.

But It would be stupid to invest in so expensive kits if they are maybe or not completely compatible with Skylake Extreme.

I think they should be compatible and tested by motherboard vendors for Haswell-EX, Skylake, Kaby Lake and Skylake-EX platform.

What you think about compatibility of CMD32GX4M4C3200C14C and CMD32GX4M4C3200C14M with Skylake Extreme next year?

• Corsair Employees
I like these new Special Edition kits and I thought about upgrade from 16GB Dominator Platinum 2666MHz to 3200MHz 32GB Special Edition.

For now I need them for X99 platform strap 100.

But It would be stupid to invest in so expensive kits if they are maybe or not completely compatible with Skylake Extreme.

I think they should be compatible and tested by motherboard vendors for Haswell-EX, Skylake, Kaby Lake and Skylake-EX platform.

What you think about compatibility of CMD32GX4M4C3200C14C and CMD32GX4M4C3200C14M with Skylake Extreme next year?

No one would be able to answer your question at this time, unfortunately.

• Corsair Employees
Has anyone had problems running this on an x99 platform? I am running an Asus Rampage V Edition 10 MB and have documented my own problems on another thread. Any help would be appreciated.

I haven't seen any reports, to be honest. Can you submit a ticket, please?

I haven't seen any reports, to be honest. Can you submit a ticket, please?

I will do so tho I managed to get it fairly stable but I have had to increase the voltage to 1.385 with MODE 1 selected in the Tweak and timings of 14-16-16-36.

Two things:

1. I can't open a ticket because my RAM part number is NOT in the list.

2. Even when I put in a false one I'm not looking to RMA just yet.. I want to ask questions about what is going on?

Edited by brighttail