Corsair Community

H100i GTX Overheating CPU

3dlex

Hi. I have problems with my H100iGTX. About an year it work very good.Awesome temperatures on overcklocked 5820k to 4.3GHZ.In idle was about 35 under cpu load 65-70. Im an CG artist and i use it in heavy load for Renderings.From a week its going very bad. Temperatures are going crazy.I have downclock it to stock at 3.3.And even at this ghz temperatures go above 70 .Some times cpu temperatures just go up with every few seconds until its pass 80 and i shut him down. In idle water temperature now are 38-39 celsius. Some times they go up for 50-60.One tube are very hot second are cold as ice.When i see that happening i have clean from dust the fans and radiator.Re apply thermal paste.Nothing help.Should i RMA it?

1280047857_CorsairH100iGTXOverheating.thumb.jpg.81602690ebf83b1b52389252db51457e.jpg

Edited by 3dlex

If you are using the Corsair Link software, can you give us the the H100i GTX Temp (water temperature) from the bottom box on the Link main screen?

If the cooler is working correctly, the water temp should be a few degrees above room temp at idle. If there is a flow problem, it will start off low and slowly and steadily rise up into the 40C range at idle and then even higher with load. Load water temps will be very high (50C+) and the temps will stay elevated regardless of fan speed.

A screen shot of your Link main page may be helpful. Also, make sure you haven't unintentionally reduced the voltage to whichever header is providing power for the GTX (CPU fan?). Some boards have master fan control settings that change all fan setting with one click, unless the header is disabled from control.

Hi. I have attached an screenshot of Link main screen after a 2 minutes of day by day work as rendering.And at stock 3.3 it go super hot for this cooler.In my room now are 22 celsius,normally now water temperature are about 30-34.But its idle. If i will run some medium or heavy load on CPU it will rise in time until go above 50. One week ago i have work normally at 4.3 Ghz and in rendering work temperature was 65 c most of time.Now even with a little OC from cold boot are 50 t cpu, water temperature are rising much faster and dont go down even on performance mode.

1526508922_CorsairH100iGTXOverheatingidle.thumb.jpg.359a05267bd8c768c87437eacdb1a089.jpg

I have a lot of hours on a 5820K too and it appeared there was a problem from the start, but turning various software loads into temperature change can be difficult. The water temp is a good indicator of cooling issues. In your case, it looks like you have the beginnings of some type of flow problem. No indication the pump is faltering and if so, the temp changes would be more severe. It is more likely to be some kind of partial blockage inside the unit, usually around the strainer at the pump. Right now it isn't too severe, but your idle water temp is about 10C over what I would expect based on drive and board temperatures. That continues in the load shot. My 5820K will run 100% in the upper 40's @23C when at stock and it doesn't have the wattage to bring the water temp up to 40C so quickly, unless there is a problem. Unfortunately, this type of issue tends to get worse over time and I would expect further increases.

I would replace the cooler. It should be under warranty and you can start the RMA process here. You will need to create a separate account and password for that site. You also will need to upload the purchase invoice to establish the warranty start/end date. Unfortunately, you probably also will have to duplicate the above information in the support ticket.