Corsair Community

Hydro 110i not Combatible with Motherboard

AshWilliams

Hello Everyone

I just put together the parts and I was pretty excited for this new build. I hit a road-block just before I could complete it. As it turns out, my Hydro 110i was not compatible with my Asus ROG Maximus Hero VIII Alpha.

Newegg advertises that it is compatible with the LGA 1151 Blocks. This is not the case, the back bracket is way too large to line up with the holes in the back of the motherboard. I need a model that someone has used with this Mobo, preferably a 100, 110 or 115 series one.

Any help would be appreciated. I looked around the Corsair site, did not see a live rep like many other sites have.

Thank You

I have a Maximus Hero VIII and an H110i GT and they fit perfectly. Make sure that you are using the correct backing plate, they are marked Intel and AMD. The Intel one has the nuts mounted in a groove with 3 positions, slide the nuts into the position that's right for your board, I think that it was the middle postition, but it was 7 months ago so I could be wrong.

I have a Maximus Hero VIII and an H110i GT and they fit perfectly. Make sure that you are using the correct backing plate, they are marked Intel and AMD. The Intel one has the nuts mounted in a groove with 3 positions, slide the nuts into the position that's right for your board, I think that it was the middle postition, but it was 7 months ago so I could be wrong.

Thank You for replying. I did not realize the bracket is adjustable. It was really stiff at the time. I found out by accident by playing with brackets of open box coolers at an electronics box store.