Corsair Community

Looking to buy but have mem ?

ezgamer

Hi,

I am ready to buy a 6700k and Asus Ranger mobo and trying to pick memory for it.. I read these 1151 mobos are very picky.. I have looked at the Ranger QVL list and 9 out of 10 kits are all 4 stick kits.. I want a 2 stick 16 GB kit and CL13 if can help it..

Looking at the model lettering of that 16gb 2 stick mem kit [below] from New Egg its near same lettering as the 32gb kit- so I hope think it should work.. Other than maybe color are these sticks of the 16 kit the same as them in the 32 kit only broke in half.. I hope so and I think XMP should pick it up and do just fine.. Am I wrong? I am a pc gamer and normally use only 2 sticks and is all I wish to install- CPU cooler clearances is a big reason and best I have always known 2 sticks are better faster than 4..

Thank you in advance for your help ;):

From new egg and what I hope to buy->

CMK16GX4M2A2133C13R

From the Asus Ranger QVL list-->

CMK32GX4M4A2133C13(Ver4.23)(XMP)

Hi,

I am ready to buy a 6700k and Asus Ranger mobo and trying to pick memory for it.. I read these 1151 mobos are very picky.. I have looked at the Ranger QVL list and 9 out of 10 kits are all 4 stick kits.. I want a 2 stick 16 GB kit and CL13 if can help it..

Looking at the model lettering of that 16gb 2 stick mem kit [below] from New Egg its near same lettering as the 32gb kit- so I hope think it should work.. Other than maybe color are these sticks of the 16 kit the same as them in the 32 kit only broke in half.. I hope so and I think XMP should pick it up and do just fine.. Am I wrong? I am a pc gamer and normally use only 2 sticks and is all I wish to install- CPU cooler clearances is a big reason and best I have always known 2 sticks are better faster than 4..

Thank you in advance for your help ;):

From new egg and what I hope to buy->

CMK16GX4M2A2133C13R

From the Asus Ranger QVL list-->

CMK32GX4M4A2133C13(Ver4.23)(XMP)

2 sticks is slightly more easy on the memory controller, but most times larger sticks do not have as tight of timings as the smaller ones.

All things being equal, you will not feel the difference, but 2 sticks is more easy on the system and can sometimes give a better chance of using a command rate of 1.

Thank you- and yes I know that but does not answer my question..

The Asus mobos are very picky about memory and is best to buy mem that is on that list and have less if no problems.. As I stated it is- well I will say now- it is only like 4 sets of memory on all of that list that is 2x 8gb= 16 total by 3 other brands and not a 1 is corsair or cl13- all on the list that is cl13 is corsair and is 4 stick sets 4x 4gb 4x 8gb 4x16gb.. I am asking is this set of 16gb 2 stick set that I want to buy the same sticks that is in the 32gb set of 4- if so it should imo work on this mobo.. If is not the same sticks I will pass and buy something else so not waste my time and pull out my hair..

Thank you for your help and or info..

This is the complete list on the Asus Ranger site-->

I can spend my 70- 80 dollars on the Kingston cl14 2x8gb set that is on the list and know it works but I hope to use the corsair cl13 set if it will work.. I can not buy 20 sets and not work and be stuck with it is the point.. You said the same thing I said.. I am a gamer I normally use only 2 sticks it is better faster than 4 sticks..

As a fact in all of my years building computers I have never seen so many 4 stick sets on a list- its normally the other way around- 9 out of 10 is 2 stick sets- not so or on this list and is making it hard for me to pick memory I want.. I do not want cl15 or cl16 ram.. I do want 2133.. Most gamers would only buy use or need 2x 4gb or 2x 8gb sets- more than 16 gb is not needed in a gaming system- why Asus seems to only wish me or us to buy 4 stick sets is odd imo..

I DO NOT WANT A 4 STICK SET- NOT EVER- period.. Thanks :)

M8R_DRAM_QVL_20160411.pdf

I posted on Asus site a week ago and am ignored.. Asus like many others will not update the codes in bios for memory that has been out for the 2011 mobos and is the main reason for all of the probs people are having with memory-- ddr4 has been out a long while.. I can not make Asus or the others do the right thing.. It is like MS and hardware manufacturers are in cahoots to make us buy all new and make it as hard as possible and hope I am stupid enough to buy 20 sets and help out the industry with my stupidity and on top of it all force me on w10 and its garbage and on new hardware that every last mobo sold has maybe a 50% rating and might might not work and is all a scam in hopes to suck every dollar they can out of me even if can make me rmd 10 defective mobos and I have to pay shipping-- I have never seen such garbage in all of these years and from sandy on mobos have got worse and poor quality and is mostly made in china junk.. With Sandy all knew it was junk mobo and had to be recalled they sold them to us anyway-- now this and or how you can read all over the net how not 1 board from any manufacture is going to work out of the box or work next week or month or a year from now-- sound does not work and on and on unless some paid site and got cherry picked stuff so will give good reviews.. We the normal man might get a working board might not and it sucks big time..

Thanks its not anyone here fault but I am aggravated now.. I will just buy the Kingston set and be done with it.. If I was not a gamer with over 2000 games I would not buy use a pc again- I do not use or touch a console- do not need have a cell phone or need email or facebook none of it- and ms has gone Nazi on us and its mostly vista garbage all over again and hardware companies are selling us poor low class high gliz junk to boot.. A bunch of flashy lights- ya I really need that woot- not :(

No other products or services in the history of this world can sell poor junk and get away with it- not since fake tonic snake oil salesmen of the 17- 1800s- not cars clothes shoes food nothing- they would be ran out of business.. The computer world can do as they wish- even games maybe 2 out of 100 work out of the box and then might be some poor made for amd port junk.. Its sickening and is not what it was 13 years ago-- It has gone down lower and lower and lower its almost comical.. I wish I never got into computers or gaming- my money spent would not be gone or on the industry and I surely would not be trying to spend my 2,200 dollars on hardware that might might not work and the same for sorry games..

Never mind- I will pass on anything Corsair and Asus from now on and if buy at all I will buy haswell and stay with w7- spend half I was going to spend and call it a day.. Mods can delete this thread.. I do not care anymore..

Have a great day.. See ya..

Archived