Corsair Community

Updated Obsidian Lineup?

TheBski

The new Carbide cases are pretty nice, but I'm wondering when we might expect to see an update to the Obsidian series. I have a 750D machine and a 350D machine. I'm pretty interested in the new 400C case because it is virtually the same size as the 350D but can fit a full size motherboard in it. I also love how it finally gets rid of the 5.25 bays which are just a waste of space for me. However, I love the premium build of the Obsidian cases I have with the brushed aluminum. Any chance we see updates of these cases that have some of the nice features of the new Carbide cases? A 400C that features a tempered glass side panel and brushed aluminum exterior would be an instant buy for me.

I have thought for the last couple years that a case without the front bays would be nice. It's just a waste of space for me personally. With M.2 coming on strong I don't think my next build will even feature any SATA drives, but it is nice having the option with the holders on the back of the motherboard tray for 2.5" SSDs. We haven't seen updates to the Obsidian series for a couple years, so I hope maybe we see some in 2017. Until then I may pick up a 400C and turn my MATX build into a similar sized full ATX build. We'll see what the next few months bring!

Archived