Corsair Community

K95 RGB repeating letter 'n'

sdl

Hello - just curious to see if anyone else is experiencing this issue. I have a K95 RGB with the latest software updates. Several weeks ago I started nnoticing extra "n" when I typed. I tried reinstalling the software and rolling back some updates to see if it would fix the issue and nnothing. I finally opened a ticket and they had me try several things from cleaning the keyboard to installing a new firmware. The firmware they gave me to install seems to have made things worse. I'm goinng to sennd the keyboard inn for repair.

*PS* The extra nnn's typed in this message were left unedited for emphasis. It happens more the faster I type and only with the letter 'n'.

Initially I thought it was a software issue, but it only happens with the letter n, so I thought it must be a hardware issue. Ever since I isnntalled the new firmware (custom - sennt by corsair) it seems to have made the problem worse, so it could also be software related. My guess is a combinationn of both, where the switch for the n doesn't get release fast enough and the keyboard is poling the key again.

I only use it to type, I don't play games or anythinng that required trigger speeds. Is there a setting that I can tweak specifically for onne letter? Say to delay the polling rate for the letter 'n' - It's really annnoying when you're trying to work or write an email and have to continue to go back to replaced all those double n's

Edited by sdl
bolded words with extra n's

It's key chatter. Use a software called SwitchHitter to confirm the issue. You could try carefully cleaning the switch with isopropyl alcohol, see if it makes a difference. I had the same issue with my old K70 RGB (on about 20 keys), and Corsair Support offered to replace it for me, but I couldn't stay without a keyboard for that long (I used it for work) so I had the store I got it from replace it for me.

Best of luck.

Thanks - I have previously cleaned it with isopropyl alcohol. I tried SwitchHitter (thank you for the recommendation - I didn't know about this tool or keychatter).

I tested it with SwitchHitter and everything seemed to be working normal. Didn't get any failures. I read about KeyChatter and that definitely sounds like what I've been experiencing.

It's a little frustrating and scary to know that this can simply happen overnight on a good switch.