Corsair Community

Ram oc

worf105

Hi all,

I have the following RAM: Vengeance® LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz C14 Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2A2400C14) in my system with the XMP profile active. Ive OC these to 2800Mhz with the following timings: 14-15-15-28 1T @ 1.25v

All is stable but would like to know if these setting are OK to run all the time?

Cheers

worf105

Sure. The system will let you know it's unhappy about it by crashing. More seriously, that is a good jump up with the same timings, so if it is stable, you got a nice set of modules. Normally, you would need to relax the timings as you drift up the frequency charts. If this turns out to be less stable than expected, slightly relaxing the primary timings would be the next logical step.

Sure. The system will let you know it's unhappy about it by crashing. More seriously, that is a good jump up with the same timings, so if it is stable, you got a nice set of modules. Normally, you would need to relax the timings as you drift up the frequency charts. If this turns out to be less stable than expected, slightly relaxing the primary timings would be the next logical step.

Passed the extended Memory test from windows 10 and Memtest86 for 3 passes with no errors also passed IBT on very high twice.

I have since dropped voltage to 1.24v and started to test for fully stability, so far so good.

Cheers

cpu_z_RAM.jpg

ASUS_DIP_5.jpg

Edited by worf105

You can try and lean out the voltage if you like, however the difference in temperature between 1.22 and 1.24 is meaningless and your modules can run in that voltage range all day and night and forever. I would be slightly more concerned about reducing voltage if you were using a higher setting.

You can try and lean out the voltage if you like, however the difference in temperature between 1.22 and 1.24 is meaningless and your modules can run in that voltage range all day and night and forever. I would be slightly more concerned about reducing voltage if you were using a higher setting.

Will keep as is then,

Thank you