Corsair Community

ax860i low voltage?

numb1626865060

Are the voltages quoted what the motherboard reports or what the PSU reports?

Given you are talking about the BIOS and HWM then I guess the motherboard as neither can report the AX860i voltages.

What you need to do is run Corsair Link 4 and see what it reports for the PSU voltages and/or use a calibrated DVM/DMM to check the voltages as the reported motherboard voltages are not a reliable indicator of the actual voltage. Motherboard readings being unreliable is mentioned in many posts such as http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=816587.

It would also be far clearer if you posted the HWM screen shot which will also includes the minimum and maximum values.

Edited by red-ray

Are the voltages quoted what the motherboard reports or what the PSU reports?

Given you are talking about the BIOS and HWM then I guess the motherboard as neither can report the AX860i voltages.

What you need to do is run Corsair Link 4 and see what it reports for the PSU voltages and/or use a calibrated DVM/DMM to check the voltages as the reported motherboard voltages are not a reliable indicator of the actual voltage. Motherboard readings being unreliable is mentioned in many posts such as http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=816587.

It would also be far clearer if you posted the HWM screen shot which will also includes the minimum and maximum values.

yes the motherboard report and the hwmonitor report. no problem on the corsair link report voltage.. so the corsair link is more accurate than my motherboard?

so the corsair link is more accurate than my motherboard?

Yes, they should be as the voltages reported by CL4 come directly from the PMBus digital PWM voltage controller chips that are within the PSU.

The motherboard readings come from a Nuvoton NCT6776F (or similar) monitoring chip, have a 8 mV granularity and + 12 typically needs to be scaled by 6.6. Further, the monitoring programs sometimes use the incorrect scaling.

I can't check which monitoring chip your motherboard uses as you have failed to add your PC specs to you profile so should do so.

Edited by red-ray

Yes, they should be as the voltages reported by CL4 come directly from the PMBus digital PWM voltage controller chips that are within the PSU.

The motherboard readings come from a Nuvoton NCT6776F (or similar) monitoring chip, have a 8 mV granularity and + 12 typically needs to be scaled by 6.6. Further, the monitoring programs sometimes use the incorrect scaling.

I can't check which monitoring chip your motherboard uses as you have failed to add your PC specs to you profile so should do so.

i have asus z97-ar. thank you so much!

Edited by numb