Corsair Community

AIO radiator position

gpvecchi

It should be fine. The unit's functionality should not change in relation to gravity. A unit that was not completely filled might make the occasional gurgle or squish, although again cooling performance would be unaffected. On the bottom/pipes up, would be the standard configuration for many 600C/Q case owners.

If that was true, wouldn't the same apply with the rad mounted in the top of the case? Just as a matter of interest, why do you want to mount it on the bottom?

No, as bubbles will stay in the radiator, they not make any noise, just if trapped in pump. I had this issue with a Kraken X61.

I would like to swap position, as 6700k is quite cool, I'll use a 240mm Corsair AIO for CPU on the bottom, and a 280 mm AIO for GPU on top.

That makes sense, those GTX980 Ti's can get a bit toasty even singly, but more so if they are in pairs . If I was doing it, I would be tempted to put the GPU cooler on the bottom, pulling ing cool air and the CPU cooler on the top exhausting the warm air out of the case, as your 6700K is running cool the few extra degrees from the warm air exhausting wouldn't make much difference. Just a thought to consider, it's up to you though. Whichever, make sure that you have good filtration and airflow through the bottom, but I'm guessing that you know that ( I put it in because others reading this thread may not know). Edited by snapper69