Corsair Community

Suggestions for rear exhaust fan in Carbide Spec 01

vikrant1982

Hi Everyone,

I am currently using just one pre installed front 120mm intake fan on my Spec 1. I wish to have another at the rear end of the case. Need to know which fan will go well with the front one. The label on the front fan does not say anything about the model or type. Need to know whether it is static pressure or air flow type.

Also, the fan at the link below is available at good price with one vendor online, last piece left. Please advice if it is any good to complement the front fan, I can quickly place an order: -

http://www.corsair.com/en-in/air-series-sp120-led-red-high-static-pressure-120mm-fan

It more or less says it in the product description you linked.

"Air Series SP fan models are designed for use in restricted spaces. They’re ideal for radiator and heatsink use, as well as drive bay intakes and other locations where you’re mounting a fan directly adjacent to a heat source. For general purpose case ventilation where you’d like high airflow with minimal excess noise, check out our AF120 and AF140 LED fans."

There are some other circumstances where the SP120LED you linked might be appropriate (like an air filter restricted fan opening), but for rear exhaust you want AF120 LED (red) to match your front coloring. It will move more air than a SP variant at the same speed and with less noise.

It more or less says it in the product description you linked.

"Air Series SP fan models are designed for use in restricted spaces. They’re ideal for radiator and heatsink use, as well as drive bay intakes and other locations where you’re mounting a fan directly adjacent to a heat source. For general purpose case ventilation where you’d like high airflow with minimal excess noise, check out our AF120 and AF140 LED fans."

There are some other circumstances where the SP120LED you linked might be appropriate (like an air filter restricted fan opening), but for rear exhaust you want AF120 LED (red) to match your front coloring. It will move more air than a SP variant at the same speed and with less noise.

Thanks a lot and will it be fine to have the stock fan at front for intake along with AF120 at the back?