Corsair Community

My K70 just died :(

johnnypay

I've had my K70 for almost 3 1/2 years and it has died on me this afternoon, I mean completely dead. I've tried plugging it into different ports, in some ports the lights turn on but the keyboard will fail to install in windows, in other ports it wont even be recognized by windows. A couple years ago I spilt a drink on it but i unplugged everything and took the board apart to give it a good clean as some went in where the volume roller is and it was working fine since then. anyone have any suggestions on things to try so I can try and revive my K70? I've tried a google search and it just comes up with topics about dead leds.

The cable is firmly in place in the keyboard. It was working this morning when I went to bed, woke up this afternoon and it was not working when I turned my computer on. I've tried it at a friends house to see if it might be my PC but it didn't do a thing. I'm willing to dismantle it to see if there's any problems underneath.

• 4 weeks later...
DANG! me too. I moved the keyboard to fix the bios on another computer. next day completely dead...other keyboard work, this one won't power on any usb. GREAT it broke 2 years 9 months later (9 months after warranty) lame! Been searching but I am guessing it is going in the trash can now :(