Corsair Community

Got back RMA ram and having issues

rmilyard

I have an Asus Rampage IV Extreme motherboard with i7 3960x,

I was running 32gb 8x4gb Corsair CMT16GX3M4X2133C9 ram. I was just using the XMP profile and ran fine. My ram started to have page fault errors so it was RMAed. I got back 64gb 8x8gb CMD64GX3M8A2400C11. When I selected the XMP profile now when boots I get PHASE0_Exceptions or Page Fault errors and other stuff when I try to boot. If I change the speed to 2133mhz it seems to boot fine.

Am i missing something or not doing something right?

My MB is using bios version 4901

Maybe the DIMMs need a tad more voltage to run @ 2400 MHz. What is the current voltage and what does the SPD specify.

The [status] and [sPD] panels of my SIV utility report this with [status] reporting several other voltages. I could comment further if I could see screen shots. I guess the initial screen as well as this reports the current memory speed information.

Maybe the DIMMs need a tad more voltage to run @ 2400 MHz. What is the current voltage and what does the SPD specify.

The [status] and [sPD] panels of my SIV utility report this with [status] reporting several other voltages. I could comment further if I could see screen shots. I guess the initial screen as well as this reports the current memory speed information.

How can I get this info? When running I used CPU-z but not seeing voltage.

The xmp profile for ram says 1.65v. The old was was 1.50v

How can I get this info? When running I used CPU-z but not seeing voltage.

The DIMM voltages have to be read via the EC (Embedded Controller), CPUZ can't do this and AFAIK neither can HWM. SIV can as you can see below.

attachment.php?attachmentid=26659&stc=1&d=1475530711

475189796_ASUSRampageIVExtreme.thumb.png.524dc0de1e6e4c759510e6b3e0f2c3b0.png

I still can't see the memory speed as it's still obscured by the tool tip. I really don't need to see the tooltip as the information is on [status] and in the example it was just there so you could see SIV reported the DIMM voltages.

attachment.php?attachmentid=26671&stc=1&d=1475564106

The DIMM voltages are as I would expect and I suspect you need to adjust one of the other voltages. Unfortunately I don't know which one so can't really help you.

Have a look at https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?5835-ASUS-Rampage-IV-Extreme-UEFI-Guide-for-Overclocking which may have some pointers or members who will know what is needed.

BTW you should have cropped the images to remove all the white space as I just did for [status].

I suspect SIV could better report your CP 1500C UPS. If you post the Menu->Machine->Battery screen I will try and improve what is reported.

561841042_StatusAfterCropping.thumb.png.ef22366a55ad81a6091f54861d6ce4ab.png

Well after like 1hr of playing the system crashed with page faulted error. Not sure what issue still might be. Maybe need bump memory little more voltage? I never missed with this stuff before since never needed to before. I would just select the XMP profile and was good to go.

Archived