Corsair Community

LED Brightness Longevity and key question

noir

Hello, I own a ton of corsair products (watercooler, case, psu, and now keyboard)

I just purchased the Strafe RGB w/ Silent Cherry MX switches and so far it works great and feels nice, So I am asking people who have owned this keyboard for awhile, do the LEDs deteriorate or loose brightness.

The reason I ask this is because on my corsair case, the POWER LED on my 750D case has lost it's brightness twice so far (first time it was replaced under warranty, but now my warranty is expired so I am left with 1 lux bright power led that gets dimmer by the day), so I am hoping they aren't using the same LED type in this keyboard.

My second question is are the cherry keys soldered to the PCB or can they be removed so you can switch them with blues / reds ...etc, I know on the k70 they are soldered but not sure about the strafe....

Third question when using the feet on the keyboard does anyone else notice the right side slides out eaiser then the left side, not a big issue, just wondering if anyone else has this issue , maybe my desk surface is the problem :)

Edited by noir

• Corsair Employees

The reason I ask this is because on my corsair case, the POWER LED on my 750D case has lost it's brightness twice so far (first time it was replaced under warranty, but now my warranty is expired so I am left with 1 lux bright power led that gets dimmer by the day), so I am hoping they aren't using the same LED type in this keyboard.

My second question is are the cherry keys soldered to the PCB or can they be removed so you can switch them with blues / reds ...etc, I know on the k70 they are soldered but not sure about the strafe....

Third question when using the feet on the keyboard does anyone else notice the right side slides out eaiser then the left side, not a big issue, just wondering if anyone else has this issue , maybe my desk surface is the problem :)

I've owned a K70 RGB for quite some time with max brightness and have not noticed any changes or it being dimmer. If anything the LED should be the last to go out.

The cherry keys are soldered to the PCB, so you are not able to swap different switches on the fly.

Tried K95 RGB, K70 Rapidfire, K70 LUX and they feet all feel the same for me here.

I've owned a K70 RGB for quite some time with max brightness and have not noticed any changes or it being dimmer. If anything the LED should be the last to go out.

The cherry keys are soldered to the PCB, so you are not able to swap different switches on the fly.

Tried K95 RGB, K70 Rapidfire, K70 LUX and they feet all feel the same for me here.

ok that's good to hear, the RGB LED on my H100i is still going strong too, so I guess just the 750D case had bad 'DIP LED's' which burn out quickly if they are illuminated all the time (like the power LED), the keyboards/h100i probably use SMD LED's which like you said will probably last forever :)