Corsair Community

Memory for a Gigabyte X99-UD4 Mobo

socialwaif

I am looking to upgrade my RAM to some of the new blue Vengeance LED series. I was looking at the "Memory Support List" for it on the Gigabyte website. They list a good number of models from Corsair. The one I was looking at, Model CMU32GX4M4C3000C15B however, is not listed. The blue LED ones are newly released enough that it is understandable that they are not listed.

I could use some help trying to determine if it would work with my mobo. I was also not sure about what speeds my mobo could handle. I don't know how to utilize the XMP aspect. The mobo is said to "Support DDR4 XMP up to 3333MHz." I was told to shoot for around 2400Mhz.

I am currently using Crucial RAM - CT4G4DFS8213.C8FAR. It came with my PC. Am looking for something a bit better or at least comparable.

I would suggest skimming through this thread before deciding what to do. Unfortunately, you will need someone with your exact motherboard and CPU combination who also happened to select the exact same volume and frequency of Vengeance LED to know if it is compatible. Best bet is to buy from a retailer with a friendly return policy in case it's needed.

The XMP on/off switch will be somewhere in your BIOS, likely on the main page. Enabling it often changes other BIOS values relating to memory voltage, Base Clock (BCLK), and VCCSA voltage. These changes may or may not be to your advantage, but you would need to discover or look for the subject in the gigabyte forums to figure out if they are appropriate. Regardless, you should be able to run 32GB at 2666MHz. That is a safe and easy speed for nearly all X99 platforms at this point.

I would suggest skimming through this thread before deciding what to do. Unfortunately, you will need someone with your exact motherboard and CPU combination who also happened to select the exact same volume and frequency of Vengeance LED to know if it is compatible. Best bet is to buy from a retailer with a friendly return policy in case it's needed.

The XMP on/off switch will be somewhere in your BIOS, likely on the main page. Enabling it often changes other BIOS values relating to memory voltage, Base Clock (BCLK), and VCCSA voltage. These changes may or may not be to your advantage, but you would need to discover or look for the subject in the gigabyte forums to figure out if they are appropriate. Regardless, you should be able to run 32GB at 2666MHz. That is a safe and easy speed for nearly all X99 platforms at this point.

Thanks, I will check those out.

I had previously tried a kit of the Vengeance LED, but in white. Ran into some issues - which I posted about in the thread you mentioned. Other than the issue that others were also reporting, of the modules dying, they seemed to work fine.

Now seeing your posts in the other thread, you are already in the best position possible with supplier and experience. I assume you really like the look, so you might as well give it a go with the blue. Lighting issues aside, if you were able to boot and stay stable with white, than the blue should not be a problem.

Now seeing your posts in the other thread, you are already in the best position possible with supplier and experience. I assume you really like the look, so you might as well give it a go with the blue. Lighting issues aside, if you were able to boot and stay stable with white, than the blue should not be a problem.

Thanks, yeah, it felt pretty stable. At least for the first few weeks. After that, it began acting up when I went to boot and it would not POST successfully. It usually would after I restarted. I only ever saw issues when I was going to shut down. Had a pop up appear as I was logging off Windows 10 sometimes. I mention it as it was something to the effect of "memory could not be written."

Archived