Corsair Community

CUE 1 From 2

danny_is_dude

So I've had my K70 keyboard for awhile now. I've been happy with it, and proud of the one profile I made in CUE 1 for it. I recently tried to update to CUE 2. After doing this, I realized I lost my profile I was so proud of. I also realized I can't make a new one like it because of the lack of many of the features CUE 1 had. I now cannot go back to CUE 1, because despite deleting CUE 2, when I try to install CUE 1, it says, "A newer version of Corsair Utility Engine is already installed." If anyone knows how to go back to CUE 1, I would appreciate it greatly if you could share how. Thanks.

I also realized I can't make a new one like it because of the lack of many of the features CUE 1 had.
What can't you do with CUE2? Which features are missing? :confused:

I was stupid and didn't try uninstalling from the programs and features menu. Did that and it worked. Thanks.
How else did you try to uninstall CUE?

• 2 weeks later...
What did CUE 2 lack that CUE 1 has?

Sorry for semi hijacking, but i can think of one thing... User friendliness....

In Cue1 it was real easy to set a button to repeat while holding down.

Cannot find anything like it in Cue2.

you dont need to now it does it automatically. A lost of the macro settings have been changed or updated to what the general users wanted. nothing has been taken out.

• Corsair Employees

Click the little gearbox symbol in the Macro box. The options in there.

Do what you want, as long as it's working for you!

What did CUE 2 lack that CUE 1 has?

Are we now able to rebind the left mouse button in cue 2? I like cue 2. Macros work great Especially when switching profiles. Like using a profile switch while key is pressed and pressing another key to execute a macro then switch profile on key release to then press the same key to get a different macro and finally releasing the first key to get back to original profile. It's great and very seamless. However, I moved back to cue1 to be able to rebind my LMB. If you guys are allowing it again, please let me know.

• Corsair Employees
Are we now able to rebind the left mouse button in cue 2? I like cue 2. Macros work great Especially when switching profiles. Like using a profile switch while key is pressed and pressing another key to execute a macro then switch profile on key release to then press the same key to get a different macro and finally releasing the first key to get back to original profile. It's great and very seamless. However, I moved back to cue1 to be able to rebind my LMB. If you guys are allowing it again, please let me know.

Not an available option, even if you change the LMB to another key.

Why do you want to remap the left mouse button? Maybe we could throw it around somewhere as an enhancement? Kinda need to justify it to somebody, though.

Not an available option, even if you change the LMB to another key.

Why do you want to remap the left mouse button? Maybe we could throw it around somewhere as an enhancement? Kinda need to justify it to somebody, though.

LMB is the easiest button for me to press. With that, I usually rebind Left-ALT to switch modes/profiles. I like to rebind my LMB (as well as other mouse buttons) to things like reload/crouch etc. When my index finger is occupied with things like strafing/stutterstepping,ADADADADADADAD, that usually leaves me unable to effectively press E,R,T,F,G,H,Y,3,4,5,6,F3,F4,F5. Meanwhile my thumb is free to switch modes/profiles. Ideally I would like the option to utilize Cue2's change to profileX while pressed. Although there is a workaround for cue1 to be able to use a key to change mode while maintaining key functionality, and be able to switch back when released, I don't think it can work with mouse buttons, because it uses modes not profiles. I could provide more information upon request, but I'd rather not bore you. I would be willing to help brainstorm, test and troubleshoot any errors that could arise when rebinding the LMB, to reduce and prevent people from breaking their mouse and requiring/draining support staff resources.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees
Wow...I'm pretty cross about how all my customised profiles from CUE1 were wiped out when I upgraded to CUE2. I expected it to be smart enough to auto-import them or at least WARN before deleting my profiles.

It shoudn't have wiped your profiles but it will be missing certain things (like background lighting) since we revised how it works in CUE2.

Hijacking this - is there any way to set up separate modes and device-independent profiles? I used to have multiple modes and profiles per device (a K95 RGB and a Scimitar) and when I tried to upgrade to CUE 2, not only could I not find any mention of modes, but it seemed that profiles were global and affected all devices.

Hijacking this - is there any way to set up separate modes and device-independent profiles? I used to have multiple modes and profiles per device (a K95 RGB and a Scimitar) and when I tried to upgrade to CUE 2, not only could I not find any mention of modes, but it seemed that profiles were global and affected all devices.

Work is being done to bring back "modes". See this thread for mroe info

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=162523

Hijacking this - I was wondering how to save as default a specific profile as in CUE 1 cause I'm sick and tired of having to select the one I want every single time that my pc is truned on and if there is a way to alphabetically order all of them?

Hijacking this - I was wondering how to save as default a specific profile as in CUE 1 cause I'm sick and tired of having to select the one I want every single time that my pc is truned on and if there is a way to alphabetically order all of them?

the default profile is jsut the first profile. It should save automatically, but there is a bug in 2.4 that prevents it from being saved, you will need to exit CUE from the taskbar to save the profile lineup