Corsair Community

corsair h110i v2

fun

hello guys,new on this forum.

been wondering should i set my fan rpm speed based on to cool cpu package temp or h110i temp? which temp should i aware off?on corsair link h110i temp and cpu package show almost the same tempeture.

No, the point he is making is running from CPU temperature (a very volatile variable) will in turn make your fan speeds volatile as well. This is often referred to as fan ramping or cycling or several other names typically used in an irritated context. It is also not how the cooler functions.

Voltage is applied to the CPU and it heats up. You cannot prevent this. The heat is transferred through the lid, TIM, and cold plate material into the water stream. That rate of heat transfer is fixed and based on the materials. What you do with fans or pumps does not affect it and you cannot alter it. Now the heat is in the water stream where it is carried to the radiator and the fans help remove it from the radiator. Fan speed affects water temperature, not CPU temperature directly. Your H110i Temp is your water temperature. It is a more stable and appropriate variable for the cooler. Running from CPU temp will work, but you will run your fans faster and with more changes in speed than necessary.