Corsair Community

Single fan H75 vs H90

netspecter

I have a Thermaltake SUPPRESSOR F1 case. It supports both 120mm and 140mm radiators mounted at the front of the case. For my first build I chose the H75. Because of the limited space I was only able to install one of the two fans.

So the install is case fan / radiator / radiator fan.

I'm going to build another system for my son. I'd like to use the same case. For cooling I'm considering the H90 instead of the H75. Since I can only use one fan the extra surface area of the bigger radiator seems an easy choice.

Except it looks like the H75 has a newer style "High quality ceramic bearing pump". What are the internal differences between the pumps. Is there a performance difference? Is one better than the other?

I am not sure anyone can provide pump build specific information. Marketing language aside, the H90 has been a reliable product. You don't see a lot of complaints and obviously it has a surface area advantage. Trying to increase cooling through flow rate is usually difficult and poor alternative to more surface area. The H90 and a 140mm fan would be less noisy as well. Based on the physical characteristics, this one is an easy win for the H90, but I don't know what kind of compromises that might entail inside your case.

Archived