Corsair Community

4 problems with my new K65 RGB Rapidfire

OlMightyG

Hi,

I recently bought a K65 RGB Rapidfire with the speed switches and applied a double O-rings. So far best typing experience ever. 4 problems:

1.) I can not save any standard profile directly on the keyboard. CUE has to run in the background to have the profiles set. I can not e.g. dualboot into another OS and have my standard settings. Is that a bug? I tried the "save to device option" but it does not work (latest 2.xxx CUE).

2.) Can you make it possible to assign the the caps-lock button to just "shift"? I play Starcraft and sometimes mistype caps-lock instead of shift. I tried to reassign but I have to press shift + something. Otherwise the software does not accept it.

3.) @Corsair: Really over 100 MB of RAM usage for CUE???? Roccat's software has more options and uses like 4MB of RAM. I hope you fix this.

4.) I'm on Windows 7 and need the rapidfire option: if I press "F" and "G", keyboard should spam "FGFGFGFGFGFGFGFGFG". But mine types "FGGGGGGGGGGGGGG". Sometimes though it spams "FGFGFGFG" but it is not constantly reproducable. Can I chance anything in order to get this work?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by OlMightyG
typos

1. CUE needs to run in order for macros and dynamic lighting to work.

If you are switching over to Linux, consider using a third party driver for the keyboard if you want those features;

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=133929

2. Yes, change the key assignment instead of creating a macro. It should be in the drop down menu. Once shift is selected, click on the caps lock key to reassign it.

3. The ram usage cant be fixed because its directly related with running the lighting and macros. If your seeing excessive RMA usage try lessening the number of lighting effects.

4. If you want just one key to spam FG that is possible but hav both keys spam the individual letters is not possible.

1. CUE needs to run in order for macros and dynamic lighting to work.

I consider this as a bug. Why should I not be able to change the standart lighning while booting e.g?

2. Yes, change the key assignment instead of creating a macro. It should be in the drop down menu. Once shift is selected, click on the caps lock key to reassign it.

Thank you. I dont know if it is just horribly translated to german... but I finally found the option. It is very confusing since several things are translated misunderstandable.

3. The ram usage cant be fixed because its directly related with running the lighting and macros. If your seeing excessive RMA usage try lessening the number of lighting effects.

I have exatly 2 profiles that only contain some deactivated keys and each with one color without any effects.

Why should Roccat be able to do the same thing with such a smaller application?

4. If you want just one key to spam FG that is possible but hav both keys spam the individual letters is not possible.

So the Rapidfire can not perform rapidfire :biggrin:

I thought it has to do with the switches etc. Are you sure it is not only a configuration we have to change?

I consider this as a bug. Why should I not be able to change the standart lighning while booting e.g?

I have exatly 2 profiles that only contain some deactivated keys and each with one color without any effects.

Why should Roccat be able to do the same thing with such a smaller application?

So the Rapidfire can not perform rapidfire :biggrin:

I thought it has to do with the switches etc. Are you sure it is not only a configuration we have to change?

You can change the colors of the lights that comes on when you booting by saving a profile to the device memory, but only static lighting is saved.

I would guess Rocatt doesnt have as many devices to support, and they dont have to handle audio input and outputs. Even if you dont have those devices, the program is still going to take up some resources because of them.

Not that i know of. Im not aware of any software that allows this, but hey if you find one let me know and ill pass it along to the devs. See if they cant mimic that feature.

You can change the colors of the lights that comes on when you booting by saving a profile to the device memory, but only static lighting is saved.

I would guess Rocatt doesnt have as many devices to support, and they dont have to handle audio input and outputs. Even if you dont have those devices, the program is still going to take up some resources because of them.

Not that i know of. Im not aware of any software that allows this, but hey if you find one let me know and ill pass it along to the devs. See if they cant mimic that feature.

Concerning Rapidfire: Here you can see what you can do with it:

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

The keyboard is capable of rapidfire! I found out that it is important to press the keys exactly at the same time! And this is very difficult.

So the question to the devs would be: Can they put in an option to change the behaviour of the signalling like this:

Normal mode: Press key "A" then Press key "B" while still holding "A": Keyboard signals "AAAAAAABBBBBBBBB"

"Rapidfire" or "alternative mode": Press key "A" then Press key "B" while still holding "A": Keyboard signals "AAAABABABABABABABABABAB"

The keyboard behaves like described in the second mode, but you have to press the keys exactly at the same time (like exactly exactly!). I hope you get what I mean. I think this option might be very useful for a lot of gamers.

I think it it is crucial that the keyboard does not stop spamming a pressed key, as you can see in the second video: If I press AND hold "A" and hit any other key "B", the keyboard should signal "AAAAAAAAABAAAAAAAA" i guess.

Concerning the driver: I think it has to be optimized. If its just because of the different devices, they should consider separating the different device compatibility like add ons to download into the actual software.