Corsair Community

Strafe RGB and M65 lighting help

uncle poop

I typically keep my computer running 24 hours a day. The thing is even with making a profile in CUE2 with making the leds show black there are still lights on that I cannot figure out how to turn off. On the Strafe you have the ambient light I will call it that is just a white light between the key switch backing plate and the main body of the keyboard, I like this light but it is like a beacon in the middle of the night. on the M65 it is the Dpi light on top that is the issue. The lights are super bright and are great but not while trying to sleep some nights.

These are my first Corsair peripherals that I have purchased and I love them. Now I have this need to build an almost all Corsair computer, do you all accept body organs in lieu of payment?

I am looking at both the Strafe and M65 in CUE2 and I cannot find a way to turn off the ambient or dpi lights. They both show up glowing in CUE2 but there is nothing I can find that changes these. Is there something I am missing maybe?

EDIT: found the dpi switch colour changer under dpi, I looked at it yesterday and it did not click in my head that is where I change the dpi light.

EDIT2: found the ambient light changer under the performance section. Really I need to get sleep one of these days.

Edited by uncle poop

• 2 months later...
I am looking at both the Strafe and M65 in CUE2 and I cannot find a way to turn off the ambient or dpi lights. They both show up glowing in CUE2 but there is nothing I can find that changes these. Is there something I am missing maybe?

EDIT: found the dpi switch colour changer under dpi, I looked at it yesterday and it did not click in my head that is where I change the dpi light.

EDIT2: found the ambient light changer under the performance section. Really I need to get sleep one of these days.

You can change the brightness of the DPI Indicator LED. Changed mine to almost 80% of the scale, shows colour but doesn't shine bright like a star.

You can change the brightness of the DPI Indicator LED. Changed mine to almost 80% of the scale, shows colour but doesn't shine bright like a star.

Where in CUE 2 do you see this option? I'm looking at it now and I don't see a place where you can change brightness.

If you click on the "cog" icon after clicking on the M65 icon, you'll see a brightness slider under the mouse. Looks like you can only have all the lights either on or off...