Corsair Community

ML140 Pro Disassembly?

jvillaveces

I bought 7 ML 140s to replace the SP140s and AF140s in my build. I had painted the rings in the SPs and AFs, but there are no rings to paint on the MLs, so I want to paint the frames themselves. Is there information on how to disassemble them so I can paint them and put them back together?

With the old generation of Corsair fans you could carefully push the blades away from the frame, but I don't know if that's still possible with the MLs.

I would like to know as well as I am holding off on buying 6 of them until I know whether I can or can't.

Jvillaveces have you tried just pushing gently of the impeller to see if it just pop's out. I mean besides the Maglev system it is otherwise for all intents and purposes a FDB bearing. So surely you can just pop it out?

I would like to know as well as I am holding off on buying 6 of them until I know whether I can or can't.

Jvillaveces have you tried just pushing gently of the impeller to see if it just pop's out. I mean besides the Maglev system it is otherwise for all intents and purposes a FDB bearing. So surely you can just pop it out?

I only took my disassembly efforts as far as removing and replacing the hub stickers with my own, and painting the removable corners. I ended up not painting the frames, because I didn't want to experiment on my expensive fans. I still don't know how to safely disassemble them, hopefully someone braver and more knowledgeable than me will attempt it and post the results.