Corsair Community

H115I pump speed reads 1450

gronbek

You will probably need to install link to troubleshoot the pump.

I dont think there is something wrong with the pump. Around 25-30 in windows. Around Max 70 intel-burn.

I think its just wrong info. I guess the SATA connection reads the pump speed. And then Bios is not getting it correctly?

Later I realized what you meant, but my edit went sideways. You can't read the H115i pump speed without the Link software. The SATA is power only and the 3 pin from pump to motherboard reports a fan speed, not pump speed on the H115i.

1450 is a hefty chunk of fan speed and more than most people need even when stress testing. The H115i sets fans speeds based on the water temperature inside the cooler. The default curve starts off at a low around 20-23C (standard room temp) and will hit 100% around 40C. There is nothing particularly important about these exact curve points, but they had to pick something. If you have a hot room, a hot case (GPUs), or if it's Summertime, the default curve is probably more fan and more noise than you need.

If you has a reason for not using Link, you want to consider moving the fan leads to the motherboard so you can see what's going on and gain control over the fans. You can also set a custom curve or quiet mode in the Link software to tone it down a bit.

It is also possible the 1450 rpm is not the correct fan speed. Sometimes other things interfere, but I am just guessing and can't see your motherboard or other hardware.

Later I realized what you meant, but my edit went sideways. You can't read the H115i pump speed without the Link software. The SATA is power only and the 3 pin from pump to motherboard reports a fan speed, not pump speed on the H115i.

1450 is a hefty chunk of fan speed and more than most people need even when stress testing. The H115i sets fans speeds based on the water temperature inside the cooler. The default curve starts off at a low around 20-23C (standard room temp) and will hit 100% around 40C. There is nothing particularly important about these exact curve points, but they had to pick something. If you have a hot room, a hot case (GPUs), or if it's Summertime, the default curve is probably more fan and more noise than you need.

If you has a reason for not using Link, you want to consider moving the fan leads to the motherboard so you can see what's going on and gain control over the fans. You can also set a custom curve or quiet mode in the Link software to tone it down a bit.

It is also possible the 1450 rpm is not the correct fan speed. Sometimes other things interfere, but I am just guessing and can't see your motherboard or other hardware.

Hi thanks for the input. Just to make clear the 1450 RPM is what is reported by CPU_FAN in bios and windows. Since the pump is connected with the one cable to that connection I think it is what the pump is running at.

Regarding Fans, I have replaced the two corsair fans with Aerocool DS fans that are connectord to a 7V resistant directly to the MB. The fan cables from the pump are not connected.

Its a quiet build so I run the fans at a constant 7V even during testing and temps stay below 70* C in both intelburn and prime. So it is working alright.

Hi thanks for the input. Just to make clear the 1450 RPM is what is reported by CPU_FAN in bios and windows. Since the pump is connected with the one cable to that connection I think it is what the pump is running at.

Regarding Fans, I have replaced the two corsair fans with Aerocool DS fans that are connectord to a 7V resistant directly to the MB. The fan cables from the pump are not connected.

No, that is one of the idiosyncrasies of the H115i. It cannot report pump speed without Link. It's not the same as H110 with a DC power line or the H110i with a different firmware system. I don't know what it's reporting without the fans tied to the block. 1450 would be max speed for an Aerocool DS140 at 12V, so it is not that either. Minimum pump speed on the H115i is in the 1850-2000 range and maximum is just under 3000. A slow pump would have revealed itself during the IBT test with much higher CPU temps.

Edited by c-attack

I dont think there is something wrong with the pump. Around 25-30 in windows. Around Max 70 intel-burn.

I think its just wrong info. I guess the SATA connection reads the pump speed. And then Bios is not getting it correctly?

I think the USB cable is used for reading the pump speed. If you are able to install the corsair link, just install it and check.

On my system, corsair link shows me 1800 in silent mode, and 2800 in performance mode.

No, that is one of the idiosyncrasies of the H115i. It cannot report pump speed without Link. It's not the same as H110 with a DC power line or the H110i with a different firmware system. I don't know what it's reporting without the fans tied to the block. 1450 would be max speed for an Aerocool DS140 at 12V, so it is not that either. Minimum pump speed on the H115i is in the 1850-2000 range and maximum is just under 3000. A slow pump would have revealed itself during the IBT test with much higher CPU temps.

Ok, thanks. When I look in bios under CPU monitor it shows 1450 for the CPU fan and to that pin the 1 cable from the pump is connected. I read somewhere else that the MB reads it as 1450 but in reality it is performance mode in Link Suite.

I think the USB cable is used for reading the pump speed. If you are able to install the corsair link, just install it and check.

On my system, corsair link shows me 1800 in silent mode, and 2800 in performance mode.

Yeah, you are right. I could install the Link. But my temps are OK so I guess that the pump is running at default performance mode without link.

All is fine,

Thanks for the help.