Corsair Community

Possible K95? LUX or Rapidfire?

Culverin

My original generation Logitech G15 is coming up on end-of-life.

and I've been eyeing the Corsair boards since they debuted.

Logitech driver software, though rock solid used to be pretty crap with options and would required third party software to hack in extended functionality.

Like this http://uberoptions.net/

I've used Logitech my entire computer life, from original balled mice, to OEM opticals and their G-series products for the last 11 years.

This will be my first time I'm thinking of straying from the Logitech brand.

What are the chances a K95 will get a third revision into a LUX or Rapidfire?

Any glaring issues with the drivers? (are they opened up to crowd-sourced fixes?)

Logitech's warranty has a very solid rep, and they've gone above and beyond for me in the past.

I've done my research on Corsair keyboard reviews.

I wouldn't even be asking if they weren't generally quite favorable.

I'm hoping you guys might be able to give the lowdown and heads-up.

And whether I can hold my breath for a new K95 revision.

Thank you guys for your time :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Culverin,

We have already announced a new revision of our most popular keyboard ( K70). It is only a matter of time before we reach the other models. That is all i can say

Wow! Thank you for replying!

Most companies are extremely tight lipped about this.

I very much appreciate your response.

With a bit more research, it seems like a K95 LUX Red will be exactly what I'm gunning for.

You just earned yourself a customer. :sunglasse

I will be patient.

:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Corsair Henry, anything else you can reveal to us about a possible update on the K95? I know you guys have updated the Strafe line, and the K70 line. You did say its only a matter of time before you reach other models, but the Harpoon mouse and K55 just came out. Im really hoping a new K95 comes out, but im itching to buy a new keyboard ASAP.

• Corsair Employee
Corsair Henry, anything else you can reveal to us about a possible update on the K95? I know you guys have updated the Strafe line, and the K70 line. You did say its only a matter of time before you reach other models, but the Harpoon mouse and K55 just came out. Im really hoping a new K95 comes out, but im itching to buy a new keyboard ASAP.

The K55 keyboard and harpoon mouse is an entry level gaming peripheral. The K95 on the other hand is our flagship model, so expect nothing but awesomeness when it's announced.

Nice! That's the kind of reply i was hoping for. There was someone who said Corsair was working on HID products, but couldnt comment if it was the K95. When the K55 was announced, i was worried that was what they were talking about. I was about ready to buy the updated K70 because of that. Will wait for the K95. Thanks so much Henry!

The K55 keyboard and harpoon mouse is an entry level gaming peripheral. The K95 on the other hand is our flagship model, so expect nothing but awesomeness when it's announced.

I'm very glad you're referring to it as the flagship.

It's clearly a more niche product.

I can't wait to retire my 10 year old Logitech G15 and get myself some real mechanical keys.

I really don't want to have to be doing this for work.

[ame]

[/ame]

I can wait awesomeness :sunglasse

• 1 month later...

Wow.

RGB yay.

New switches yay.

Cool wrist rest. Yay.

New RGB lighting? Didn't ask for that.

But ok. I'll roll with it.

Removing the macro keys?

That's the only reason I was holding out for this.

So what's the point now?

I thought "flagship" meant pro, so I could use this for CAD and design.

Very disappointed.

Good attempt Corsair, but this is a miss for me.

Maybe next time.

Cheers :)

Archived