Corsair Community

corsair team please answer - Vengeance LED question

s5drew

Corsair,

I understand things happen, hardware fails etc, its the reality we live in. I spent numerous hours customizing my PC and now its beautiful! When the LED RAM came out, I was ecstatic. It really adds that pop to my computer, I would hate to have to go with another kit. I am moving forward with my 2nd RMA request, but my first was with the platinum dominator kit which wouldn't post as well I am willing to take the risk and gamble again for the sake of beauty lol.

Well here is my question:

The tech support team claims these kits are compatible with the asus x99 series. Specifically , the x99 rog strix mb which i own. Can I get a confirmation that this is true in the forum?? I just want to make sure, so I can keep trying lol.

Respectfully,

drew

P.S. yes I have RMA'd my motherboard, all other components are on the QVL list. CPU is i7-5960x .

of course no freaking answer..yeah cool dudes ..know you read this

must be legal stuff.

I had them in a Asus RVE10 and they worked great until one stick died and others have slow LEDs. I am currently RMA'n the kits but I was told today they were out of stock so I have no clue when I'll see some RAM.

An employee stated on another post that this forum was mainly for consumers to interact. Was not the case when RamGuy/Yellowbeard were around. This new crop don't seem too care much. As an example, people have been asking for a way to control the LEDs and a new version of Link was released that allows it (although it doesn't seem to work for me) and no one could be bothered to mention it.

I have used Corsair for memory exclusively since my very first build in the late 90s. In fact, when I build a new rig my first thought is to see what I can get from them... Memory, SSDs, Coolers, power supplies and cases. I have a Vengeance 2100 gaming headset and my son's b-day is coming up on the 21st and I was thinking a Void Carbon for him but now, I am not so sure....

a new version of Link was released that allows it (although it doesn't seem to work for me)

The release notes specify Z170 only and I guess you have X99.

There is no good reason for Z170 only as the CPUID SDK supports both, so I can't see why X99 is not supported given it is for reading the DIMM SPD and temperature.

Note the DIMMs are actually accessed via the IMC SMBuses rather than the X99 SMBus.

The release notes specify Z170 only and I guess you have X99.

There is no good reason for Z170 only as the CPUID SDK supports both, so I can't see why X99 is not supported given it is for reading the DIMM SPD and temperature.

Note the DIMMs are actually accessed via the IMC SMBuses rather than the X99 SMBus.

Ahh, well I admit I didn't read the release notes but I knew already it was something they are working on. I just figured it needed more work but If they don't plan on supporting the x99 then they can say so....

• Corsair Employees

S5drew,

Depending on the speed grade. the ceiling on X99 is roughly 3200/3400MHz, compare to Z170 can run all the way to 4333MHz. if you are choosing 3200MHz or lower, then they will work just fine on X99. You can also visit our product page on http://www.corsair.com to see what platform the SKUs are targeted for.

As for LED control, the latest C-LINK ver4.3 can only support Z170 platform at this time; however, X99 support is in the works and will come later.

Archived