Corsair Community

Can you use the G keys as binds in games?

Twiixtor

I am planning on either buying the K95 RGB or the K70 RGB but before I do I would like to make sure if the G keys work as extra key binds for games?

For example in CS:GO I have the button "K" binded as voice chat. Would it be possible to simply go into the game settings and change it to "G1" without having to mess around with the keyboard? Would games register it as an actual key?

Thank you very much in advance.

No. You can bind 12 of them to F13 - F24, but not all games will see these. G1 - G18 are not standard keys Windows can see. However, with my K95 I just use combinations like Ctrl-Alt-Shift-*some key* and it works fine.

Edit: phrasing

I supposed you haven't tested it with / wouldn't be able to test it with Counter Strike: Global Offensive? That is the main game I would like these binds for as I am a Moderator on a Community server where having additional keys to bind specific commands to would be a big advantage.

I just tested. CS:GO, to my surprise, does not support key combinations. Attempting to bind Shift-whatever binds only Shift. Same with Alt and Ctrl. And it doesn't see the extended F-Keys, not even F13, F14 and F15. So the macros are useless.

However I encourage you to get it. You don't lose anything compared to other keyboards, and the macros are very useful outside and inside most games (if they can read key combinations with up to all 3 modifiers pressed at once (even 2 is enough)). I have DisplayFusion shortcuts on the lower bank, Steam + Battle.net + other DRM platforms on the top bank and the middle is empty for now. It would be hard for me to go back to a standard keyboard like the K70 now.

I just tested. CS:GO, to my surprise, does not support key combinations. Attempting to bind Shift-whatever binds only Shift. Same with Alt and Ctrl.
You can bind key combination at CS:GO.

This will bind ALT+SHIFT+CTRL+D to "YOURCOMMAND".

bind "d" "+moveright"
bind "CTRL" "+duck"
bind "SHIFT" "+speed"

alias "+combo3" "bind d YOURCOMMAND"
alias "-combo3" "bind d +moveright"

alias "+combo2" "bind CTRL +combo3"
alias "-combo2" "bind CTRL +duck"

alias "+combo" "bind SHIFT +combo2"
alias "-combo" "bind SHIFT +speed"
bind "ALT" "+combo"

But you need one key (here: ALT) to start your combinations.

Archived