Corsair Community

M65 Pro Faulty Sniper Button

chadvaliant

Hello, I just bought an M65 Pro two weeks ago and my Sniper button seems faulty. It still works as a button but the feel of it has changed. It now rattles and is mushy and springy to press. If I press only on the bottom right of the button then there is no click and no activation at all. I have to press the whole button evenly or the other corners for it to work.

Can someone with an M65 Pro please confirm for me that their Sniper button can be clicked from all corners and that they all have that same solid, satisfying click?

I've come to the Corsair Forums to ask if this would be considered an RMA issue. Seeing as the button still technically works (for now) I'm worried that I'll end up paying courier fees for nothing. Not just courier fees either as the store I bought it from has a strange policy on testing faulty products. They would want $50 if they can't fault it. It would cost me close to NZ$75 (US$55ish) all up if it wasn't considered an issue.

Cheers

Edited by chadvaliant

Hello,

My apologies for the late reply. The sniper button should have a solid feel and not be mushy or rattle. I have checked and every corner of the sniper button will click when pressed.

Where did you buy the mouse from?

Hi and thanks for the reply.

It was bought online from a store here in New Zealand where I live. Computer Lounge is the name of the store and they were very slow to RMA my faulty K70 too I might add. That just added to my reluctance to RMA this mouse. Sadly they are in another city so I would have to courier it to them at my expense. That's why I wanted to double check that it would be considered a fault first.

Cheers

Edited by chadvaliant

• Corsair Employees
@Corsair Henry

You asked me over a week ago where I bought my mouse from and I answered. I felt like there was more to that question. Did you have any advice for me or any RMA instructions? Should I just stop checking this forum?

Hello,

My apologies for the delayed response as I was away for a business trip. You have two options. You can either exchange it out with the reseller or submit a RMA through us and we will replace it with a brand new unit. Please also reference this post, so we can take care of shipping for you as well. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

To submit a RMA, please go to corsair.force.com. Create an account and then submit a ticket. Once you get a ticket number, PM me the RMA #

• 1 month later...

I RMA'd the mouse and I finally got a replacement 3 weeks later and the replacement has the exact same problem. This seems to be a common problem and shouldn't happen in a high end mouse.

The only thing worse than the quality of the product was the quality of your RMA team's customer service. I regret buying Corsair products, now I have had 7 products from Corsair and only the mouse pad is working as intended and that's because it's just a simple mouse pad. I am a little surprised you didn't find a way to screw that up though.

When will there be a fix for this sniper button issue please Henry? There's no point in me sending this one back if the 3rd will have the exact the same poor quality.

I've lost all faith in the Corsair Force support system. The guy there will probably try tell me it's software related. I really had to double check I was on an actual Corsair website last time I spoke to them as it seemed like a joke.

I just want to know that Corsair are aware of this and are fixing it and when I can go ahead and get mine replaced so that it doesn't happen again.

@Corsair Henry Please look into this

• 1 month later...

After a couple of weeks with the M65 pro fps my sniper button has become very lose and rattles aswell.

My old version of the M65 has no problem with this after more then a year of use,

Maybe some production savings they might have made has backfired?

• 3 months later...
After a couple of weeks with the M65 pro fps my sniper button has become very lose and rattles aswell.

My old version of the M65 has no problem with this after more then a year of use,

Maybe some production savings they might have made has backfired?

I am now on my second M65 Pro, and it has developed the same issue.

I feel this might be an issue with bad cost management from Corsair in the sense that some low quality material has been used compared to how the old M65's where made.

I must say that i am very dissapointed.