Corsair Community

Static Colour not working

Acans

Hi there,

I just flogged my housemates K95 to try before I buy, and everything's going good besides static colour that won't work. I've disabled the default spiral rainbow and have tyle lighting (rippple) active at the moment, but I can't just get a static colour to load for some reason. It's enabled and all, but just doesn't wanna go.

I downloaded the latest corsair today so it's all up to date.

• Corsair Employee
Hi there,

I just flogged my housemates K95 to try before I buy, and everything's going good besides static colour that won't work. I've disabled the default spiral rainbow and have tyle lighting (rippple) active at the moment, but I can't just get a static colour to load for some reason. It's enabled and all, but just doesn't wanna go.

I downloaded the latest corsair today so it's all up to date.

For static lighting, you need to select the keys that'll light up. If you want the whole keyboard to light up with a static color, click and drag across all the keys to highlight them all, then you can pick a color and apply it across those keys. If you want individual keys or groups of keys like WASD to be a specific color, you can hold ctrl and click the keys you want instead of clicking and dragging to select.

• 1 year later...
For static lighting, you need to select the keys that'll light up. If you want the whole keyboard to light up with a static color, click and drag across all the keys to highlight them all, then you can pick a color and apply it across those keys. If you want individual keys or groups of keys like WASD to be a specific color, you can hold ctrl and click the keys you want instead of clicking and dragging to select.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I just got a Strafe and couldn't figure out why it was broken. This explained it.

May I suggest the default is to have all keys selected, e.g. if it is the only lighting effect? This is an easy error for any Corsair newbie like me.

• Corsair Employee
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I just got a Strafe and couldn't figure out why it was broken. This explained it.

May I suggest the default is to have all keys selected, e.g. if it is the only lighting effect? This is an easy error for any Corsair newbie like me.

No worries. I'm glad this helped and excellent suggestion.

• 7 months later...
No worries. I'm glad this helped and excellent suggestion.

Sorry for the bump. This helped me lol, almost got a panic attack.

This helped straight forward, did feel a little dump when i found out the "solution".

I vote for the suggestion above. I think it have logic... :)

The problem is you would still need to understand the CTRL + Left Click drag to undo it or to change the color of specific keys. The Instant Lighting feature in iCUE will color everything instantly for you if that is the limit of your ambitions. However, when editing the color layout on per key lighting keyboard, most people are going to have to remove the lighting if it was globally applied. It's just extra clicks, every time. Once you learn you have to apply the color, the lesson is learned. If the lighting was always applied globally, then it would be a series of threads asking complaining of the opposite and "how do I change per key lighting?". You still need to understand CTRL + Left Click to drag and apply. A single click without CTRL will undo all your other lighting.

Archived